Condo association lawn care contract example

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Condo association lawn care contract example

Here is an example of a condo association's lawn care contract that includes actual dollar numbers. Use this to get a better feel for how much work goes into maintaining such a property and how much it costs.

Also included is an overhead map of the service area and a satellite photo of the property while still under construction, for scale.

$16,340 - Turf Mowing
    $3,760 - Early spring cleanup
    $23,904 - Mulching
    $2,066 - Lawn edging
    $5,152 - Weeding of mulch beds
    $1,055 - Pruning in early Summer
    $355 - Pruning in mid Summer
    $355 - Pruning in late Summer
    $1,055 - Pruning in late Fall
    $1,235 - Fall lawn aeration
    $1,450 - Fertilization - Spring
    $1,450 - Fertilization - Summer
    $4,200 - Fertilization - Summer
    $1,450 - Fertilization - Fall
    $952 - Fall leaf pickup #1
    $952 - Fall leaf pickup #2
    $952 - Fall leaf pickup #3
    $952 - Fall leaf pickup #4

$80 - Plow salt truck per hour
    $0.12 - Salt per pound
    $35.00 - Hand Shovel Labor per hour
    $0.45 - Ice melt per pound
    Attached Files
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Square footage

So what is the square footage of the area.

Here is an example of a condo association's lawn care contract that includes actual dollar numbers. Use this to get a better feel for how much work goes into maintaining such a property and how much it costs.

Also included is an overhead map of the service area and a satellite photo of the property while still under construction, for scale.

$16,340 - Turf Mowing
    $3,760 - Early spring cleanup
    $23,904 - Mulching
    $2,066 - Lawn edging
    $5,152 - Weeding of mulch beds
    $1,055 - Pruning in early Summer
    $355 - Pruning in mid Summer
    $355 - Pruning in late Summer
    $1,055 - Pruning in late Fall
    $1,235 - Fall lawn aeration
    $1,450 - Fertilization - Spring
    $1,450 - Fertilization - Summer
    $4,200 - Fertilization - Summer
    $1,450 - Fertilization - Fall
    $952 - Fall leaf pickup #1
    $952 - Fall leaf pickup #2
    $952 - Fall leaf pickup #3
    $952 - Fall leaf pickup #4

$80 - Plow salt truck per hour
    $0.12 - Salt per pound
    $35.00 - Hand Shovel Labor per hour
    $0.45 - Ice melt per pound

Comment

I didn't figure that part out but you can see the map and see the scale of it so it could be calculated by that to give you a pretty good estimate.
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Thanks

Than you for the info. can you tell me where the quote is from what state.

I didn't figure that part out but you can see the map and see the scale of it so it could be calculated by that to give you a pretty good estimate.

Comment

Ok

Sorry for the questions just looking at what other people are charging. I figure it out at about 156 dollars a mow.
          Am I close.

Comment

Is this a contract or a bid sheet. My contracts are 3 pages long and cover every thing that will take place on the property.

Comment

I do believe this is a contract and I think it was in a northern state like Ohio or Indiana. I had it written down here somewhere, I gotta find it for you.

How do you feel these prices compared to what you would charge?

Was it higher or lower?

Comment

Well it would be hard to compare Orlando with Ohio. Our contracts are for 52 weeks which would put this property at 314 a week or 1361 a month. Thats a very small apartment complex like 2 buildings or so. Which on that size propertty you would need maybe 4 palletts of much. We also dont have the leaf jobs or any of that being that we work 52 weeks if the grass needs it or not.

But our contracts spell out every thing. Cut height, to roundup rotation. Tree canopy height to limb caliper

Comment

Prices

Well if I seen it, that would be easy to see how much I would charge. But it does sound to be close. What is with the fertilizing in the summer twice. Once for 1450 and than one for 4200.

I do believe this is a contract and I think it was in a northern state like Ohio or Indiana. I had it written down here somewhere, I gotta find it for you.

How do you feel these prices compared to what you would charge?

Was it higher or lower?

Comment

This looks a little out of line for our area. After bidding on over 1.5 million in work over the past 2 months(my charges), I have learned that the going rate for townhome or condo communities runs around $100 per month per building. This would include mowing, edging and blowing only. Everything else is extra. So to be competitive, our pricing has dropped to around $25.00 per week per building. These lowballers are driving me nuts. We can't make a thing at those rates.

Example, one of the apartment complexes I quoted told me I was twice the rate of the guy who won the bid. They have 32 buildings, (8 apartments per building), pool, club house, huge entrance and a large area about 8 acres that is deemed as residential common area. My quote just for mow, edge and blow was 4600 per month. The guy that got it was 2600 per month. Much lower than the $100.00 per month rate I have seen everywhere else.

here is the link to the apartment complex so you can see the work involved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4NOrvkJq-k
                    Last edited by Totables; 12-21-2009, 11:15 AM.

Comment

When you bid such a job and the property manager comes back and says this other guy bid, basically half of what you bid, what do you say to that?

Is it possible the bidder didn't have any insurance? Or what is your take on how the bid was so cheap? Does the property manager care about any being insured or any of that or is price the key?

Comment

Well they probly want ins, it's the quality they dont care about. The real question is, how many man hours will that property take. How big is the comp your bidding against? If it cost a comp 15 an hr per man and you bid at 30 you only make 15 an hr over cost. But if you got 20 employees your doing 220 an hr and not working.

Comment

This looks a little out of line for our area. After bidding on over 1.5 million in work over the past 2 months(my charges), I have learned that the going rate for townhome or condo communities runs around $100 per month per building. This would include mowing, edging and blowing only. Everything else is extra. So to be competitive, our pricing has dropped to around $25.00 per week per building. These lowballers are driving me nuts. We can't make a thing at those rates.

Example, one of the apartment complexes I quoted told me I was twice the rate of the guy who won the bid. They have 32 buildings, (8 apartments per building), pool, club house, huge entrance and a large area about 8 acres that is deemed as residential common area. My quote just for mow, edge and blow was 4600 per month. The guy that got it was 2600 per month. Much lower than the $100.00 per month rate I have seen everywhere else.

here is the link to the apartment complex so you can see the work involved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4NOrvkJq-k
                          Ha! I qouted a job at 75$ a building. Here in FL, i got beat out by a company that was averaging 32$ a building, was INSANE! I was like "How in the hell do you operate so low?" I rolled through in the Fiances Mini Van, the area looked like he hadnt touched it in a month. No edging Done, was cut, buildings werent weed whacked, the hallways were over grown. AWESOME!

Matt
                          M.A.K. Landscaping

http://www.ma-klandscaping.com

407-949-1073

Volusia County FL
                          Seminole County FL

"Treating your property as if it were OUR own!"

Comment

Are you saying you drove through the area after the new company got the contract and they weren't doing a good job?

Is this something you could take pictures of and utilize to your advantage the next time the property is up for bid?

Maybe the company went out of business and you could scoop it up? Did you talk to the building manager about it?

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X