Apartment Complex

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apartment Complex

I am also bidding on an Apartment Complex. There are 304 units, 38 buildings, lotsa shrubbery etc... However the bid is for cut, edging, and blowing off the walks and parking areas. Does anyone know how to estimate or go about bidding on a project of this type? There isn't that much grass to mow and should only take about 15 to 20 mins per building. The time is going to be edging and blowing.

I am also bidding on an Apartment Complex. There are 304 units, 38 buildings, lotsa shrubbery etc... However the bid is for cut, edging, and blowing off the walks and parking areas. Does anyone know how to estimate or go about bidding on a project of this type? There isn't that much grass to mow and should only take about 15 to 20 mins per building. The time is going to be edging and blowing.
    20min. x 38 buildings = 760min = 12.66 hours x $50.00 = $633.33 for the mowing.

Now use the same formula to figure out the edging and blowing. You have to have some sort of idea how long it will take you to edge and blow each building.
    Last edited by turfmaster; 11-12-2009, 11:03 AM.

Comment

This is the type of job where you don't want to be off on your time estimates because when you multiply it, you also potentially multiply the error as well.

With either of the properties, could you do a free mowing service on one of the buildings to get a real accurate time estimate it would take to service them before you submit a bid?

That could really help you estimate it as accurately as possible.
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

You are welcome. Also make sure you play around with our online estimation calculators to understand how your expenses play a role in your bid.

Let us know how this one turns out.
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Working...
          X