How do I charge for tractor work land clearing type of work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I charge for tractor work land clearing type of work

My business is new so i'm not exactly sure how these rates go at all. I can use all kinds of tractors and plan on renting one for a job site but i have no clue on these rates can anyone fill me in? Is this work charged by the day, difficulty of job or some kind of hourly rate? I am located in austin texas if the price fluctuates area to area.

My business is new so i'm not exactly sure how these rates go at all. I can use all kinds of tractors and plan on renting one for a job site but i have no clue on these rates can anyone fill me in? Is this work charged by the day, difficulty of job or some kind of hourly rate? I am located in austin texas if the price fluctuates area to area.

Depending on the rates of the equitment that you use
    if it takes a half a day i charge them the the full price of the rental
    if it takes a day i add a 100 bucks .
    th best thing to do is book a bunch of work and rent it and go like hell

Comment

A lot more details are rerquired, pics would be perfect, what is the job as a tractor might not be the answer, a mini excavator might do the job faster, I don't rent but if you could provide an image of the project I can tell you how I would quote it.
      Andy
      Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

Thanks for the replies! I will take pictures the next time i'm at that job site. Well for my upcoming job I am thinking of renting a dingo, I am going to need to put about 12-18 yards of top soil(i'll check exactly how much when I post pics) also their are alot of rocks the owners want removed. So i was thinking about renting a dumpster a smaller one. So what do you guys think? The job would take one day with 2 helpers. So should i charge for the rentals(tractor and dumpster) then man hours or man hours for the helpers only and a set rate for the tractor work?
        Last edited by Dansgtlc; 10-26-2009, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the replies! I will take pictures the next time i'm at that job site. Well for my upcoming job I am thinking of renting a dingo, I am going to need to put about 12-18 yards of top soil(i'll check exactly how much when I post pics) also their are alot of rocks the owners want removed. So i was thinking about renting a dumpster a smaller one. So what do you guys think? The job would take one day with 2 helpers. So should i charge for the rentals(tractor and dumpster) then man hours or man hours for the helpers only and a set rate for the tractor work?
          You can do 18 yards in about 90 min with the right tractor, that is spread and ready for seed. $90.00 to $125.00 is what I charge but I don't rent so I can't be of much help there.

For the rocks, rent a Junk Removal Trailer, I set a buddy up in this business and he charges me $125.00 a load, rent a mini excavator and a loader, use the mini to pump the rocks into the loader then the loader dumps into the trailer, I charge $165.00 an hour, two operators and machine plus $200. for the trailer to haul away and I get every job we quote so I must be low buy I think this is reasonable.

How much seat time do you have on a loader if you don't mind me asking, pictures would be awsome bud, they speak a million words.
          Andy
          Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

Working...
          X