Help with 2 estimates?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with 2 estimates?

Ok first is installing a watering system on about 1/4 acre. next is installing 3-4 cinder block raised beds. The beds are going to be about 24"X4' and of course will have the watering system going to them, The watering system will also cover a few small flower beds as well as a small maybe 10X10 lawn. How do I estimate such a job? Can anyone give me a round about California figure covering everything but my hourly rate? Id greatly appreciate it.
    White Company

Ok first is installing a watering system on about 1/4 acre.

How involved is this project going to be? Is this a temporary thing or more permanent?

How do you plan on hooking it up to the house? through a hose outlet with a timer attachment or something more involved?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Ok first is installing a watering system on about 1/4 acre.

How involved is this project going to be? Is this a temporary thing or more permanent?

How do you plan on hooking it up to the house? through a hose outlet with a timer attachment or something more involved?
      It is permanent, not to intricate. I'm hoping I don't have to far to dig to run the power to an outdoor outlet, should I even dig or staple the wire to the sighting?
      White Company

Comment

I'm hoping I don't have to far to dig to run the power to an outdoor outlet, should I even dig or staple the wire to the sighting?
        How far would you be going with this?

Would you need an electrician to tie this in with the electrical system?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Steve, I can do all the work myself. I called around to some suppliers and did some math and quoted about 3K for it all which was accepted by the client. I am told by his assistant that the quote was accepted but he is trying to think of weather he wants to put the money into the house or not. Its nice to know I got the job if he decides to do it but I hate waiting for someone to make up there mind. I just want to get over there, get it done and goto the bank. I was slated to start digging today but got the email this morning to hold off until he makes up his mind.
          White Company

Comment

Well congratulations on getting the job. I hope you start soon.

You should take some pictures of the job when you get started. I'd love to see all this.

Comment

Unfortunately they changed there mind. They stated they had a family member that knows how to do that kind of work so they were going to go that rout. Thats fine by me though.
              White Company

Comment

It would be interesting to later follow up with them and see how the project turned out. They might still need help fixing the project.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X