quotes on retaining walls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quotes on retaining walls

im in the lawncare buis and want to get into pavers and retaining walls any ideas on what i should charge per sq foot on retaining walls i herd about 8 dollars a sq foot for pavers vancouver bc

Hi Matt,

Welcome to our forum.

I would say with your hardscaping, start out small and figure out how long certain projects take you. Maybe experiment in your own yard or a friends yard.

Then as you get a feel for the time involved you will be able to grow. A lot of times hardscapes are really underbid because the landscaper doesnt realize the amount of time it will truly take to complete.

Check out these posts.

Landscape retaining wall bid example.

Before and after landscape retaining wall construction.

Let me know if this helps.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

hi steve thanks alot for the input i have had my buis for ten years and have done it all myslef i was so stoked when i found this website i had become stagnent and pretty much run out of new addvertising ideas this site is great thanks matt

Comment

i was so stoked when i found this website i had become stagnent and pretty much run out of new addvertising ideas this site is great thanks matt
        That is fantastic Matt! Which ones really got you going and which are you going to experiment with?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

well alot of them its nice to see some of the contracts with property managment comp as of now im 90 percent residential and really dont need to do much addvertising because i struck a deal with a large fert company thats all they do so they give me lots of work intern i make sure nobody comes in to cut the grass and take their fert contracts but i really need to keep buisy in the winter so the idea about giving customers 15 percent off from nov to march on small landscaping jobs is awesome

Comment

i struck a deal with a large fert company thats all they do so they give me lots of work
            That is fantastic! How did you line that up or come up with that idea?

Comment

hey steve i was working for another company and wanted to branch out on my own so i needed customers fast and came up with this idea and it worked great i would sugest this to anyone thats not in my area lol hey when is the best time to bid on stratas and how should i aproach these companys i would like to pick afew up next season im all resedential at the moment

Comment

i struck a deal with a large fert company thats all they do so they give me lots of work intern i make sure nobody comes in to cut the grass and take their fert contracts
                What would you suggest the best way to go about this? Simple doing it by referring fertilization customers to them and they refer mowing customers to you? Or should they and you sub-contract each other? Or what do you suggest?

when is the best time to bid on stratas and how should i aproach these companys
                What are stratas?

Comment

to be honest steve i dont know alot about sub contracting i just called the owner of the company and went for coffee and we did it over a handshake i dont know if the weedman is as big in the states as it is here but i think that would be a great company to approach oh and when i said stratas i ment townhouses or complexes run by property managment

Comment

Well keep us posted on how it all works out. A lot of times, the simpler you can keep things, the better. This sounds like it is a nice and simple plan that will work.

Comment

Working...
                    X