If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Hello there, How do you repair a lawn that was burnt by fertilizer?
Did you cause the lawn to burn or another company?
If you did and are taking responsibility for this mishap then, (this is to the extreme)
1. Contain the area by cutting out the burnt area
2. Dig up and remove dead grass and 1-2 inches of soil.
3. Spray down and hand/power till the area.
4. Wait 1 week to see if it has spread and caused more damage
5. If not then add new topsoil, till and re sod
6. Keep the new sod moist daily with about 11/2 depth of saturation
You will see the sod take and have good growth.
If the area is small, you can get away with a small removal and plugs or just let nature heal itself. IMO.