No announcement yet.

Guys, you need to get into this!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am in South Carolina which is mostly sand and it works great here. The Nature's Lawn products actually build humus (the living part of the soil). Here most lawns have at best 3/4" humus. Nature's Magic, Aerify, and biological dethatcher gives new life to the humus layer and has remarkable results.

No license required100% safe

Steve
    Hello Steve,

I'm pretty new to the lawn care business, but I've been thinking about expanding services to include fertilization, weed control, etc...

So this organic stuff that you're talking about, you're not required a fertilization license? What about treating for weeds, etc.? Is there a product for this too? Any license required for that?

Thanks for the help...I'm really interested in what you posted here...

Comment

• license

I emailed the the company yesterday and asked them about any licensing or permit requirements for their products. They told me that you don't need any of them for any of their products. I'm still going do more research just to be on the safe side. Everything looks pretty good though. Hope that helps. If I find anything different out ill be sure to post it.

Comment

• I emailed the the company yesterday and asked them about any licensing or permit requirements for their products. They told me that you don't need any of them for any of their products. I'm still going do more research just to be on the safe side. Everything looks pretty good though. Hope that helps. If I find anything different out ill be sure to post it.
        Alright thanks for the help. Also, do they have any crabgrass preventer, or weed spray product?

Thanks...

Comment

• When can you mow???

Can you apply these products after you mow the lawn? Reason im asking is because, I think it would be a good marketing idea to offer the application with the lawn maintenance package, and just increase the weekly price a few dollars to cover the material costs. Yeah you might not make alot off of the application itself, but you will get alot of maintenance customers because your saving them money on fertilizing. Please Let me know..
          Thanks
          Druda
          Landscape

Comment

• Can you apply these products after you mow the lawn? Reason im asking is because, I think it would be a good marketing idea to offer the application with the lawn maintenance package, and just increase the weekly price a few dollars to cover the material costs. Yeah you might not make alot off of the application itself, but you will get alot of maintenance customers because your saving them money on fertilizing. Please Let me know..
            Thanks
            On the site they have labeling for each product along with application instructions.
            Boughter's Lawn Care Services Mowing and Fertilizing in New Castle, PA

Comment

• I emailed the the company yesterday and asked them about any licensing or permit requirements for their products. They told me that you don't need any of them for any of their products. I'm still going do more research just to be on the safe side. Everything looks pretty good though. Hope that helps. If I find anything different out ill be sure to
              You need a license, organic or not when you apply anything on a lawn for profit this includes a weed and feed bag from box stores too.

Comment

• You need a license, organic or not when you apply anything on a lawn for profit this includes a weed and feed bag from box stores too.
                Certain locations don't require it.

Check with your local and state for the answer to this question. Some guy on the forum from a totally different location cannot tell you what is right in your location. And even the manufacturer doesn't know. Nature's Lawn, Scott's, Tru Green, NONE of them keep up with the codes and requirements in YOUR area. The only way to know is to ask an official in your city, in your town or your state.

Some locations don't even require a license for pesticides. it is getting rare, but it is true.
                Last edited by JeffK26; 02-07-2012, 10:55 PM.

Comment

• exempt

I emailed the dept. Of agriculture here in illinois. They told me that if a product is epa exempt then you don't need an applicators license. I am still going to find and call whom ever it is that I need to talk to about this particular product.

Comment

• Can anyone say how well the product works? Any photos available?
                    Seriously! Anyone?

Claims and sales pitch don't do much for me. I've already got my license and I know my chemicals work as advertised and guaranteed. I'd never give up my license or chemical use completely but I do have an interest in these organic compounds. These would be a no brainer to offer as an alternative but the only way I could sell this line would be to try it for an entire season on my own lawn and perhaps a friend or relative's. I'm actually thinking of a side by side split down the middle approach to compare conventional products to the organic. Love the concept but I can't sell something I don't personally believe in. Too much like buying a used car from a dealership. The salesman says it's great, he wants your money...

Anyone have some B & A pics of the dethatcher product and results? I could sell that to almost every homeowner I meet (if it works).

Comment

• Does it help a lawn? It sure does. Does it work as well as the products I'm using now? Not even close.

I tried them on my own lawn last year and they did keep my lawn green but did nothing for the weeds. I still had to use my 2-4,d/Dicamba/MCPA. Did the bio-dethatcher work? No idea. The thatch layer in my lawn is rather light so maybe it did help a bit but I did no measurements or comparisons.

If I HAD to use organics because of some ordinance or law then I'd surely look into Nature's Lawn.
                      Boughter's Lawn Care Services Mowing and Fertilizing in New Castle, PA

Comment

• Does it help a lawn? It sure does. Does it work as well as the products I'm using now? Not even close.

I tried them on my own lawn last year and they did keep my lawn green but did nothing for the weeds. I still had to use my 2-4,d/Dicamba/MCPA. Did the bio-dethatcher work? No idea. The thatch layer in my lawn is rather light so maybe it did help a bit but I did no measurements or comparisons.

If I HAD to use organics because of some ordinance or law then I'd surely look into Nature's Lawn.
                        Thanks Mark.

I would like to at least try these and I think I've got just the place. My Mom bought an older house last year with a decent little yard (yard, not lawn**maybe 60% grass at best**). Should be an ideal testing ground with a minimal investment. The website had nice testemonials but again I'm hesitant to sell a product that I haven't tried. It would be nice to see other folk's results but it's not really cost prohibitive to try on my own.

Comment

• There are alot of organic products on the market. The purpose of the products are to increase and support microbial activity. they also help chelate other products, so when you apply anything on the lawn you only need in some cases only 50% of product to get the same as 100%.thus reducing p and k environmental impact.
                          As for making things green, urea a synthetic organic is always found in products or more expensive ones, amino acids
                          As in weed killing the only organic product is corn gluten a pre emergent. But the timing has to be perfect. If you need any other info pm me

Comment

Working...
                          X