X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh good!

Let me break this down further.

for possible mulch, weeding, etc.
    How does knowing the area of the flower beds help with creating a mulch bid or a weeding bid?
    How can one who knows the area come up with what they must do for mulch? Should they replace the mulch annually? Should they remove the old mulch and install new mulch or just add on top of it? How many inches of mulch should they add?

What about weeding? How can knowing the area of a flower bed help you know how much time it will take to weed it?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Area

Oh good!

Let me break this down further.

How can one who knows the area come up with what they must do for mulch? Should they replace the mulch annually? Should they remove the old mulch and install new mulch or just add on top of it? How many inches of mulch should they add?

What about weeding? How can knowing the area of a flower bed help you know how much time it will take to weed it?
      As far a mulch goes, I only carry one mulch. It's high end (costly) but I sell value, future savings, and point out that shopping price usually costs more in the long run. The mulch we use is:
      Made of coconut husk, which is all natural

Fights drought as it holds 5 times its weight of water and will not float away in heavy rain

It will not fade and hold its color for up to 3 years

Has a pleasant aromatic natural scent

Will not mildew or attract bugs, slugs or termites (most wood and bark mulches do)

If I do a mulch job, I remove the old mulch and replace it with mine. I let the customer choose the depth (2-4"). Often, just "fluffing" up the mulch is adequate to satisfy the customer (or client as I refer them as). Some times, just top off.

I guess trial and error comes in here. If you know the area presented and keep track of the time spent, you can better estimate future jobs. It can go either way, you may be overcharging or you may be loosing your but! Time tracking is very important.

Steve

Comment

I am working on converting this to a spreadsheet...should have it done in the next day or so

Comment

If you know the area presented and keep track of the time spent, you can better estimate future jobs. It can go either way, you may be overcharging or you may be loosing your but! Time tracking is very important.
          So you mean after you do a job, you can review your times and see if you charged enough or not enough based on the time spent? Then at future jobs sites, you will know you may have a tendency to over estimate times for certain jobs while underestimating them for others?
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X