Where Do You Guys Dump?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Do You Guys Dump?

My secret dumping place has recently become not secret.SOOOOO...getting rid of spring clean up stuff (leaves, brush, sticks), just became much harder.

Town dumps are only available to residents.Since I work in 5 different towns this may be a problem this spring.

As you guys know illegal dumping will cost you big $$$$ if you get caught.

Any ideas? or Where do most of you dump?

Dave

Dave, did you ever ask the township dump if they will let contractor dump for a fee? I think a lot of them offer that.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Yea Steve, I'll be looking at that option.It isn't cheap.And, in this economy it is going to be hard to pass that cost on to your customers.

I will keep you posted on prices!

Comment

I look forwards to hearing from you on this.

Maybe there are other places in your area that will accept brush and such to create compost.
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

I operate in Florida and we use the County dumps/land fills, 12' trailer load only costs on average $4 to $10 bucks

Comment

I operate in Florida and we use the County dumps/land fills, 12' trailer load only costs on average $4 to $10 bucks
            Do they have any limits to what you can bring in? Just brush or can you bring in concrete and such? What about junk/trash picked up from the yard?

Do they base it on trailer weight?

Comment

Finally got some good news on dumping.There is an environmental recycling center not to far from me, which will be open to contractors.

2 ways of pricing...

65$/ton
              $15/minute

Comment

Oh that is great! How did you find out about it?

Comment

2 ways of pricing...

65$/ton
                  $15/minute
                  That still sounds steep.....

I often unload say a truckload at abut 400-650lbs for around $10 or less.
                  & what is $15/minute about? If it takes you 10 minutes to unload are you going to be charged $150?

Comment

dump

Since I mostly dump wood chips I dump at nursery's and they let me dump grass, If you know any nursery's ask them if you could dump it there depending on what your dumping they may use it as they use wood chips to spread around there trees etc...

Comment

I use an ag supply place to dump. They charge me $30.00 for my 22 yard truck, compost or grind what I take them, and then sell it back to me at $15.30 per yard as mulch or landscape mix. I need to get into the supply business!!

Comment

I use the landfill in Virginia since most of my work is there I just tell them its commercial and it does not matter I am from out of state and its 60 a ton here also
                        Chris Hoeltke
                        serving Winchester Virginia and surrounding areas
                        C&S Lawn Service

Comment

we are paying 55 a ton for grass or leaves and 85 for brush or trees.
                          otherwise the next cheapest one is 85 then 90 a ton.

you need to have accounts in the town, and pay a yearly fee of 150 to use the dump
                          Krzysztof
                          Zawadzki Landscaping
                          203-212-2498

www.zawadzkilandscaping.com
                          http://www.facebook.com/ZawadzkiLandscaping

Comment

I got a friend with about 20 acres of lane, who is filling in a big hole. He got a permit to do so and several of us dump our debris in there. Should be able to do it for a few more years. Ands its free

Comment

Any ideas? or Where do most of you dump?

I placed an ad on Craigslist. A guy with with a real need for compost responded to the ad. He said if you have more than I need you can dump here and finish out your season. We probably brought in 40 cubic yards, more than he needed.

The problem we have now run into is that the local recycling company had their permit snatched from them. One can only imagine what for, but it has put a real burden on that aspect of fall leaf clean up.

My plan going forward is to offer this guy work via leads I get, since he can actual do what we do, just in a much smaller scale. Hopefully this kiss-butt tactic will work...haha.
                              08 F250 Ext Cab/04 Chevy 3500
                              05 F350/04 F350 Diesel/12 Ram 4500 Dump
                              4 -60 Toro Zmaster/Lesco 48
                              3 -8'2" Boss V-Plows
                              1- Hiniker 9'6" V-Plow
                              20' Enclosed trailer
                              18' Skid & 16' Open Trailer
                              2012 - S185 Bobcat

Comment

Working...
                              X