No announcement yet.

Where Do You Guys Dump?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I go to 3 different transfer stations mostly. Leaves is free at 2 and 5 at 1. Brush is 5 at 1 and 15 at 2. Rocks are 80 a ton.

Sometimes when I have fill or rocks. Ill put up add and dump for free somewhere.

Comment

Ok you guys are going to laugh but I have 15 acres that we own, and a dumpster. All leaves and small limbs we chip them. Then we compost them down. I am trying to build up an area of the property that I want to build on, so this works out well for us. On the trees, if it is a good wood to burn in a fire place we split them and sale them. What we canít sell there is a local company that accepts them at $45.00 a truck and trailer load.
      If it is plan trash we place it in our dumpster, they empty it twice a week. In fact I get lazy and will more than likely add some fall cleanup stuff in there lol. In the long run the dumpster has saved us a great deal of headache and grief.

Comment

Ok you guys are going to laugh but I have 15 acres that we own, and a dumpster. All leaves and small limbs we chip them. Then we compost them down. I am trying to build up an area of the property that I want to build on, so this works out well for us. On the trees, if it is a good wood to burn in a fire place we split them and sale them. What we canít sell there is a local company that accepts them at $45.00 a truck and trailer load.
        If it is plan trash we place it in our dumpster, they empty it twice a week. In fact I get lazy and will more than likely add some fall cleanup stuff in there lol. In the long run the dumpster has saved us a great deal of headache and grief.
        Nothing to laugh about it. If we all had the property we would do the same.

Comment

Just a thought-
          My land slopes to a reveen, and I've been dumping mulched leaves and grass clipping from 20-30 clients for going on 20 years. I have yet to see any noticeable filling of the slope. It all just rots away. what is left is a peat like sponginess that I wouldn't build anything on.

Comment

Naylor's lawncare

Here we pay 35 a load for grass and tree at are city recyle center but leaves are free to dump.I have two of my friends begging for the leaves and grass for there gardens.Both have offered to pay 20 dollars a load for it.I bet you can put an ad up and find people who would want a load.

Comment

Just a thought-
              My land slopes to a reveen, and I've been dumping mulched leaves and grass clipping from 20-30 clients for going on 20 years. I have yet to see any noticeable filling of the slope. It all just rots away. what is left is a peat like sponginess that I wouldn't build anything on.
              We turn it to help compost it better. I also water it from time to time. I have added some sand to it, very little. If you are sloping build a little dam out of wood and it will stop it from washing away. I am only building a work office there, an open garage. Nothing to live in.

Comment

My secret dumping place has recently become not secret.SOOOOO...getting rid of spring clean up stuff (leaves, brush, sticks), just became much harder.

Town dumps are only available to residents.Since I work in 5 different towns this may be a problem this spring.

As you guys know illegal dumping will cost you big $$$$ if you get caught.

Any ideas? or Where do most of you dump?

Dave
                Well if you lived out in the country like I do I can't drive because I'm only 12 so I get my lawnmower and drive around with my little utility trailer and go in the backyard have a camp fire and burn the sh*t. when I dethach in the spring I burn the dead grass and nobody cares in my neighborhood.
                Travis: owner of Travis' lawn care

(Making your lawn look the best!)

Comment

Well if you lived out in the country like I do I can't drive because I'm only 12 so I get my lawnmower and drive around with my little utility trailer and go in the backyard have a camp fire and burn the sh*t. when I dethach in the spring I burn the dead grass and nobody cares in my neighborhood.
                  you just like lighting stuff on fire.

The pile of stuff I dump in a week is bigger then your moms house.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X