Michigan guys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan guys

For those that live down in the Detroit area, what is the going rate for lawn maintenance do there for an average size lot?

The only reason that I ask this is because my parents just went down to Troy yesterday, and there were flyers for lawn maintenance starting at $21 there. I always heard that lawns done there were going for $40 to start

well more in the detroit area, some guys are cutting for 15. The average lawns down by me have about 4,000sqft of lawn. Those are going around $18. It sucks.
    2000 Ford F350 Dump Truck V10 8\'6\" Western
    2006 Chevy 2500HD 8ft Western
    2005 8x20ft Haulmark Enclosed Trailer
    Exmark Rider and WB and Stihl Handhelds

Comment

WoW! Why so cheap down by you guys? I would think that it would be more down there because of the higher income and higher standard of living.

Comment

Ya but there are ALOT more people with trucks. There are 300-400 to10 million dollar homes EVERYWHERE but there are still alteast I can count 200 landscapers PER DAY I see.

plus with people taking gm and ford buyouts they go start a lawn company. It sucks,but thats life.

Comment

I am in Grand Rapids, here I am bidding on lawns that the customer pays $500 per year for 27 mows, spring and fall cleanups. They are calling to see if they can find it cheaper! LOL:blush:

Comment

I just can't believe that. I always thought that being in the larger cities would be better for working. But perhaps it is better to stay in a smaller high end residential area.

Do you guys think that the whole market will be dragged down further and further in prices over the next few years?

Comment

Ok, what about snow removal for you guys? How is that priced down there?

Comment

snow here is about 200 per season, with a 2 car driveway. I get 250 to shovel their walkway too, and in front of garage. I do add 50 for a 3rd stall, and more for the half circle driveway.

What are the prices like where you are?

Comment

Lawn care will just keep going down until theres nothing left and everyone gets out execpt a few people, hopefully ill be one of the few people. Then the prices will go back up and gain more customers. But I AM NOT HOLDING my BREATH for this to happen....

Snow is alot better for me. I get circle driveways for $50 per push, regular 8x75ft drives for $35, and more for sidewalks but the city usually does the sidewalks. That price is varring, i a have a few circle drives that apy $75 per push and takes like 8 minutes, and I have 6 of those in a row. I can eaisly make $300-$400 per hour doing driveways. One storm I put in like 70 hours.

Comment

Almost everyone here wants the seasonal contract. The most I get for a circle drive with 3 stalls and shoveling the walk is $425. on an average year that is like 28 per push. This last winter I plowed it 26 times...that is only $16 per time. I was 100 higher than their last plow guy, so the only reason I got it was I did all their mowing, and put it into a monthly contract for all services, or he would have plowed again.

I bid on a condo dev last year. I do alot of work in this high-end area, and the condos at the area asked for a quote. they have 12 buildings with 2 drives each, and about 1/4 mile of street. 24 drives and the street...they needed the snow taken out with a loader at least every 4th storm, and had 24 walks to shovel... the company that did it charges them $305 per event.

It keeps getting worse here because people know they can call 10 companies and get it lower whenever the want.

Comment

Most residential drives up here average around $150 a month based on a flat monthly rate contract (4 months). So my flat monthly rate customers are paying most of the time a mimimum of $600 for the season. But also any snow removal that falls outside of the flat monthly rate, such as snow removal in November or April, is charged at a per push rate.

But per push are anywhere from $20 to $35 up here.

The last couple of years here snow removal is a better money maker compared to lawn maintenance. With snow removal, up here if my customers drives are not done by 9am, then I lose customers. But once you get a customer, and get their drives done by 7am every morning, they will be very loyal to you no matter what the price is.

It was getting bad for a while here with competition, but more fly by nighters can not afford to get a plow anymore because our winters are so inconsistent. I do know that commercial accounts can be more cut throat than residential drives. A lot of guys up here do not want to touch residential drives, but I actually like them.

Comment

Well for 600 I would do all residentials! lol

Comment

lol....That is where I am starting to lean more and more every year

Comment

there are companies here plowing all season with a 1.5 inch trigger for $125.

Comment

That is just amazing! I can not see myself doing 1.5 inches at $125

I have one commercial account that takes only 1 1/2 hrs that I get $150 for each occurance.

Comment

Working...
                              X