No announcement yet.

Solo Op's Gross

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet if we didn't pull alot of money out for personal stuff ( I mean business expenses) we could have cleared 50,000.

Comment

Quote[/b] ]I have never seen a solo operator make less than 35-40% of gross unless he is one that has to have the newest, best equipment and brand new trucks every two years, and then he also has cheap prices.
      Although I understand from your budget that you are not solo, I think you would be better off being solo with the numbers you are showing.
      It is a 'sample' budget...I don't think I would post my actuals. But thanks for the tip.

Comment

Quote[/b] (ritchiem @ Dec. 11 2006,8:10)]
        Quote[/b] ]I have never seen a solo operator make less than 35-40% of gross unless he is one that has to have the newest, best equipment and brand new trucks every two years, and then he also has cheap prices.
        Although I understand from your budget that you are not solo, I think you would be better off being solo with the numbers you are showing.
        It is a 'sample' budget...I don't think I would post my actuals. But thanks for the tip.
        I thought of that after I posted what I said.. lol.. thats a good thing its a sample

Comment

Quote[/b] (Billz @ Dec. 11 2006,1:38)]I bet if we didn't pull alot of money out for personal stuff ( I mean business expenses) we could have cleared 50,000.
          My whole life is business expenses, although next year when I go LLC or Inc. I think that I am undecided how much I will write off. If I wrote everything off (renting the shed to the business at $1000 per month) and stuff like that, if I went to sell the business or get a business loan for something else, I wonder if I could get the same amount because my schedule C wouldn't be accurate. I just don't need that much money to live right now.

Comment

That's what we do. Storage space, office space, home phone, for fax, cell phone, lots of gas, anything the accountant will let me write off, we do. If I added all that up, I would bet we cleared about 50% of gross.

Comment

Quote[/b] (Billz @ Dec. 11 2006,7:17)]That's what we do. Storage space, office space, home phone, for fax, cell phone, lots of gas, anything the accountant will let me write off, we do. If I added all that up, I would bet we cleared about 50% of gross.
              Thats the way to go... plus letting this computer that is used for "business only" set in your house, cost at least $1000 per month of rent...

Comment

In a service type business most of what you charge and also make depends on location, you cannot charge the same prices in say Alabama as you could in Connecticut. I believe it all works out though as it is much cheaper to live in some states than others. Just as an example I have friends in Ohio and they have a beautiful home which cost them about 150,000, that same house here in NJ where I live cost about 300,000. You also have to remember, all work and no play...Well to quote an earlier post you have to have time for fishing.
                If you come to a fork in the road take it.
                Logo's, Identity Design. Print Advertising, Your Project from Design to Print. www.Logo-Mechanix.com

Comment

Working...
                X