Zoning problems?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoning problems?

Have you run into zoning problems with parking your commercial vehicles at your home in a residential zone?

Local landscaper takes Bruce Township, Regius to court in fight to remain open- Officials gave Soulliere 30 days to move his landscaping business from its Ebeling Road location, or face a lawsuit, last March.
    Both township officials and Regius were served their court summonses days before the 30 day deadline ended.
    The 28-year-old has been going back and forth with officials regarding his business, Soulliere Yard Care & Landscaping, since October.
    The township contends Soulliere has been operating an illegal nonconforming business in an area zoned for R-1<a residential zoning for single-family units.
    Any business operating from the property that would have been considered legal nonconforming, has since been expanded on, negating the right to continue, township officials have said.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

I look at it this way, if the business is registered at that home, and he parks a lot of equipment there, then he should conform to the zoning law, but if the business is registered at a different location, and he only parks his truck there, or even perhaps leaves the equipment in the garage, what is the big deal I feel

Comment

Do you ever hear of other business owners in your area being ticketed for this?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

None hear.

There are some communities, basically private subdivisions around here though that have similar rules to that.

Comment

Working...
        X