Applicators license question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applicators license question

How often is applicator licenses enforced? Do you ever hear of LCOs getting stopped to check them if they are licensed?

What happens if they don't have a license?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

I personally have never heard of any local companies that have been stopped in regards to a license in question, but many companies in larger cities are targeted.

In the state of Michigan applying a pesticide without a license, can result in either a warning, a possible $1,000 fine, and/or jail time.

Comment

Do police enforce this or epa? Or what?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Here in Michigan, the Michigan Department of Agriculture enforces the regulations

Comment

So basically they can patrol a certain area and pull over a landscaper to see if they have chemicals in their vehicle. If they do and don't have a license, then they get cited?

Comment

The exact procedure in regards to how they go about citing a business or individual I am not sure of.

But as I understand it, yes they can patrol a certain area and if they catch you, there is a chance you could be cited right then and there.

Comment

Does this effect your chances of getting a license in the future? Like do they ban you or can they ban you for sometime to not be able to get it?

Comment

Yes. Here in Michigan you have to renew your business pesticide license every year, while your personal applicator license is good for 3 years.

Comment

Very interesting and good information to know!

Comment

Troy, what is the process to become a certified applicator here in Michigan? I got a letter from dept of ag warning me to be sure I am not applying anything, and I am not, I sub everything to a guy here....but I am interested in getting licensed or at least getting my company licensed.

Comment

I would be interested in knowing how the testing differs for the company vs individual applicator as well.

Comment

yes, I am wondering if I could hire an applicator part time, and use his license to get my company licensed.

Comment

Good idea! Very creative! I wonder what Troy's view is.

Comment

I really don't know about whether you could use someones experience to get a business license. There is actually no test for the business pesticide license part, just the applicator license part there are basically two tests to take.

These are the requirements for Michigan

To get an applicator license:
                            1. Take a core exam, and pass it with a 70% or better
                            2. Take a sub-group exam based on what field you are going to go into and you must pass it with a 70% or better

To get the business license you can get it two different ways:
                            1. Work for another company for a minimum of 2 years
                            2. Work for another company for a minimum of 1 year, and have 4 year college degree related to the green industry

Comment

They're more strict up in MI then in Ohio. Now wonder the application side of business is so untouched up there.

Here all you need is to show proof of insurance and have a commercial applicator's license and pay $35 and you have a business license.
                              \"Every strike brings me closer to the next home run\"

Comment

Working...
                              X