weed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weed

How do you all find the best way to get rid of weeds when they are in beds with ivy and beds with junipers? I am having trouble preventing the weeds in these areas...spending too much time manually pulling...just don't want to harm the plants, ivy and junipers.......does anyone have any experience with "image"? Recommendations?!?!

Can you spread a pre-emergent to keep the weeds from growing in the first place? I realize that may not help you in the season, but it may be a worthwhile strategy.

Otherwise hand pull the weeds for now?

If you decide to spray anything to try and kill the weeds, you better test it somewhere not visible to make sure it won't kill the plants you want to keep.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I am not kidding you in the least Swear to my name. Buy Spectracide from home depot and mix at 1.5 ounces per gallon. You can mix up to 2 oz per if you will have rain. This chemical will not burn out Ivy or Juniper, spray lightly over the top of the plants if you want. Just do not soak them

This is not recommended by spectracide just a trick I have picked up over the years.

Do a test plant and you will be amazed. Let me know how this works for you.

Comment

Thanks I'll cert give it a try I have a bed of junipers that is huge and on a big slow I'll take before Nd afters

Comment

I look forwards to seeing your photos. Keep us posted on your results.
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Thanks I'll cert give it a try I have a bed of junipers that is huge and on a big slow I'll take before Nd afters
            How is it working dude?

Comment

Why not just try a simple broadleaf herbicide? Even if it hurts the ivy a little it will come back quickly.

Comment

hey I used image...good results but want more results..i will continue every week and remember to take photos.

Comment

good results but want more results.
                  Was it not working ideally the way you wanted it to or was it that you were just testing it on smaller areas?

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X