Getting rid of "mulched grass lines"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting rid of "mulched grass lines"

Another quick Q and A... I know you guys know what Im talking about. Even though you have a mulch plug in, you'll still have some grassy "clump lines" left over. From my experience, the grass grows back un evenly under these lines as apposed to not, which causes what I call "mohawks" in the yard. However, if you go back with your blower and disperse these lines, spreading the cut grass out evenly, instead of leaving the lines..this wont happen. And at the same time, your blower will also expose un-cut grass that was laid down by the mower wheels or "slapped down" by the blade. This is especially helpful on your higher-end yards, with a low tolerance for f-ups.

Do you mean clumps / lines on the outlet side of the deck, or several lines per pass?

Comment

Yeah, like if you were using a side discharge.. Yes the outlet side. As you go back and forth, that little stream of cut grass... I blow those away, so there are no lines.

Comment

Yeah, like if you were using a side discharge.. Yes the outlet side. As you go back and forth, that little stream of cut grass... I blow those away, so there are no lines.
        You waist time doing this, plus it is not good for the turf. You just need the correct blades and this will not be an issue, unless you use a push mower, if so get a mulching kit.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X