Selling lawns like carpet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling lawns like carpet?

Carpet wears out every ten years or so. Replacement carpet goes for about $40 a yard.

Lawns tend to wear out also. Soil gets compacted, Soil quality erodes, Weeds encroach. Worst, different grass types tend to mix in with the desired grass.

Why is it that a lawn is not sold like carpeting? Why don't people view the lawn as being worn out and in need of replacement?

Have any of you sold lawn like carpet?

Lonnie,

Carpet wears out every ten years or so. Replacement carpet goes for about $40 a yard.

Lawns tend to wear out also. Soil gets compacted, Soil quality erodes, Weeds encroach. Worst, different grass types tend to mix in with the desired grass.

Why is it that a lawn is not sold like carpeting? Why don't people view the lawn as being worn out and in need of replacement?

Have any of you sold lawn like carpet?

Lonnie,
    Lonnie....Soil compaction is treated by Aeration....
    Soil quality and weeds are treated with Fertilizers etc...
    Lawns that have various types of grass in them is common at least in my area, Fescue/Bluegrass and Rye grass is a GOOD mix in my area and will literally grow in sand!

As far as selling lawns....Sod/Seeding/ Over seeding are just a few SELLS that we do...Upkeep on any given lawn is the key to not having to RE-DO the lawn or get a new one!!!

Comment

Lonnie....Soil compaction is treated by Aeration....
      Soil quality and weeds are treated with Fertilizers etc...
      Lawns that have various types of grass in them is common at least in my area, Fescue/Bluegrass and Rye grass is a GOOD mix in my area and will literally grow in sand!

As far as selling lawns....Sod/Seeding/ Over seeding are just a few SELLS that we do...Upkeep on any given lawn is the key to not having to RE-DO the lawn or get a new one!!!
      I agree with you in theory but all I have to do is walk around the neighborhoods to see that what you talk about just doesn't work over time (at least not well). I can easily tell the difference between a lawn that was sodded or was grown from seed and is only a year or two old. Grasses you don't want just don't grow uniformly throughout the lawn. They are invasive and tend to take over patches. Nice 1/4 inch dark green bladed grass patches in a sea of 1/8 inch bladed medium green. From 50 feet back looks good. From 20 feet looks sad.

Lonnie

Comment

I think for the most part, people just want a green lush lawn, but I don't see many people that have a green lawn weather it has mixed grass blends in it or not looking to replace the whole lawn without trying some king of firt or application to remedy the issues first.

That being said, if they have a crappy or patchy (thin areas) lawns then I would thing you would have a better chance of selling them a new lawn.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X