No announcement yet.

Mowing While Raining/Wet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to ask you guys that never cut in the rain...

What do you do when your grass is growing 3" - 4" a week and you have complexes that have to be mowed and it has barely stopped raining for 3 weeks?

What do you tell your customers why your not cutting?

Comment

Well if it's raining for 3 weeks straight than I think you really don't have to worry about the grass rather you need to sell seats on the ark. But all kidding aside I'll ask you a question instead. What do you tell your customers when their grass is all torn up or rutted up because you needed to stay on schedule? I have a better question. What do you tell your insurance carrier when one of your workers slips in a muddy area and falls in the path of the blades because things are so wet and muddy or slips on the trailer same reason? Maybe not actually getting run over but rather a quick brush with the blades when his or her leg slips out from under them into the path of their mower. But I do know what you are saying. But long spells of rain are just part of the business and it gets dealt with just like any other out side job. That's why we purchase commercial grade equipment. So it can handle hard work such as tall grass. Dealing with customers about being able to mow in the rain is part of our business as well and as owners we should be prepared to deal with that side of the business to.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X