Compacted ground options?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compacted ground options?

My customer has compacted dirt with Bermuda grass. "Soil" is something else ... this is the desert. It needs to be uncompacted. Aeration would help but I think tilling and starting over with new seed is best.

For tilling I see the options of 1) nuke it all with Roundup or such, wait, reseed or 2) just till and seed and fight weeds later. Fertilizer either way of course.

I'd prefer the fight weeds later option since there is little time before the heat comes (no seeding then). How best to fight weeds in new grass?

Advice on either or other methods? Cost is a significant factor.

Don't use atrazine on it... it stunts the growth of Bermuda, allowing more weeds to come in.

Comment

Cure for compacted ground

Go to www.natureslawn.com
      Order 5 gal. of Aerify Plus. Once you've done your research on it, looking for good and not so good reviews, you should come to the same conclusion I have. Once I actually ordered a few of their products (I was very hesitant 'cause usually when something sounds to good to be true, it most of the time is) I was extremely delighted and so where my customers. I apply a lot of their All-In-One products also. Bottom line, read all the info you can find off their web-site, do more research to satisfy your mind, try it, you'll love it. Good luck and God bless!

Comment

Go to www.natureslawn.com
        Order 5 gal. of Aerify Plus. Once you've done your research on it, looking for good and not so good reviews, you should come to the same conclusion I have. Once I actually ordered a few of their products (I was very hesitant 'cause usually when something sounds to good to be true, it most of the time is) I was extremely delighted and so where my customers. I apply a lot of their All-In-One products also. Bottom line, read all the info you can find off their web-site, do more research to satisfy your mind, try it, you'll love it. Good luck and God bless!
        Agreed. I use their products and love the results.

Comment

Working...
        X