Fertilizer and weed control

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fertilizer and weed control

Looking for suggestions on treating a 8,000 sq ft lawn with fertilizer and weed control here in NC. What to charge?
    Suggestion on products?
    Granular or liquid?

Thanks
    Greg

You would find the answers at the state licensing exam.

Comment

Or do this
      <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FabPAD6npbU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

I know but the next class/exam is two months away and 1.5 hr drive. I kinda need to know now

Comment

Round up and liquid fertilizer mixed. Treat the whole property.

No really don't do that.

Most of what will be recommended you probably wouldn't have access to if you aren't yet licensed.

If doing liquid do you have the equipment to treat the entire property? I don't think you want to walk around and spray that many sq. ft with a wand.

And granular, will be expensive to get a weed and feed type fertilizer.

You could find a local fertilizer company and order it in a spreader you pull behind your truck. But you still haven't solved your weed problem.you would need a selective herbicide that is safe for use on the grass in which your applying, but also a pre emergent as well.

Good luck.
          Last edited by SNethercutt; 04-16-2013, 08:16 PM.

Comment

may want to sub out the work
            A. they may pay a % with out doing anything
            B. not knowing what your doing can burn a lawn
            C. the fine for you doing it is $1,000+ each house in most states

Comment

You could find a local fertilizer company and order it in a spreader you pull behind your truck.
              Umm, you are going to connect a spreader to a truck and drive it on a customer's property? I'm confused.

Comment

Looking for suggestions on treating a 8,000 sq ft lawn with fertilizer and weed control here in NC. What to charge?
                Suggestion on products?
                Granular or liquid?

Thanks
                Greg
                I'd say look it up on Google for your area, that's where I found the information for my area, and it pointed to the the office and person I needed to contact. Regarding the price, I'd say do some research on what competitor's are charging and go from there.

Comment

Lawnboy made me do it or else I forfeited my 50% share of his profits.

Seriously though nobody should touch fertilizer or weed killer without a license. I have three neighbors that havent had grass in three years because trugreen had a inexperience person over apply. The penalty in my state is $5000 just for advertising.

Comment

Haha sorry. I thought it said 8 acres. I apologize for that.

Comment

Lawnboy made me do it or else I forfeited my 50% share of his profits.
                      HA! I thought I had you....I already called my lawyer to sue the crap out of you! I figured 50 Gazilion billion million dollars was a good number.

Most states have a fine, but then again, never enforce it. Theres a risk to doing it and not knowing what your doing. Ask this guy:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012...stic-fibrosis/

Look into organic fertilizers. For most states you don't need a license. Milorganite works great to get the lawns green again, and all organic. you can buy it at home depot., $13 for 38lbs. Make sure you check your state laws though...

Comment

Seriously though nobody should touch fertilizer or weed killer without a license. I have three neighbors that havent had grass in three years because trugreen had a inexperience person over apply. The penalty in my state is $5000 just for advertising.
                        I had a friend son get fined $800 for a bottle of round-up on his truck without the (DATA SAFETY SHEET) had the license just not all the paperwork

Comment

When I get a call for spraying weeds, bugs fert I tell them the price, and then call the guy who lives down the road to do the work. He goes out, does the work collects, and then give me my 10 bucks for the referral. I don't have a license, nor do I have the insurance for the work, and the fine for first time citation is 5000 dollars.

Comment

Working...
                          X