Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keeping grass clippings out of flower beds.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping grass clippings out of flower beds.

I am going to start mowing the couple of lawns I have this year, I'm wondering how you guys keeps from getting grass in flower beds. My one customer just mulched her beds and I don't think she would be very happy if I got clippings all through it. I usually outline everything about 3 passes but still find that I get some clippings in the beds. Also if I have to do trimming around it, those clippings get in it.
    sigpic
    Carlisle Lawn Care

I have a discharge shut off flap on my Lazer Z, I control it with a foot pedal to open and close it...

Comment

Keep the discharge pointing away from the bed, when your trimming make sure your walking so that the trimmer is shooting grass away from the bed. Then go around and blow off the beds if you need too.

Comment

all I gotta say is Jedi Mind Tricks.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll do my best.

Select, I had a feeling someone would say that.
          sigpic
          Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

It's actually a bit of a challenge some times. Like said above, just try to point clippings the other way.

I understand it's not cool to just dump green grass clippings on black/tan mulch, but grass WILL decompose..that's what it does.

Comment

I have one woman with a very upscale yard and house, she gets furious with just one clipping in her beds. I trim so that the string wants to throw clippings away from the beds. I mow so that discharge is away from the beds and for the money I go around after eat service and pick up any stray clippings. She's happy, I get paid so I'm happy, and she has referred me to 3 other jobs (just as picky) because 'last guy' just didn't care. (clippings in the beds)

Comment

Working...
              X