Possible drainage issue?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible drainage issue?

This customer is having issues with growing grass in his backyard. Do you think it could be the drainage? My first initial thought was that area just wasn't getting enough sunlight but he seems to think it's the drainage because of the slope towards the back. Not sure if that's the case because I've never seen any pooling back there. He does get a lot of collection of water near that back left downspout however. I'm thinking of just widening the mulch beds. What do you think?
    Attached Files

It doesnt look like a drainage problem from the pictures. You would know right off the bat if it was. Your mulched areas would be affected too seeing as how close they are to that area. Tell him to have you bring in some new topsoil and spread it out to a nice depth and reseed it heavily.

Comment

It's obviously a much higher traffic area than the rest of the yard. The shed is right there. I'm sure the guy walks in and out of his shed all the time. Not to mention whatever he keeps in there.
      It's not really much of a surprise, the rest of the lawn looks pretty sparse.
      It definitely does slope downward in that area, but I would be very surprised if water actually collected there. If anything, I would say it's not getting enough water. The trees are the real problem. The trees block all the sunlight and suck up all the water.

Comment

Could he use a bigger concrete slab in front of the shed? What are you thinking of suggesting?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Working...
        X