Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mowing Season in Southern Indiana

Hey guys;

I'm not sure if any of you live near Southern Indiana or not, but I am having a dilemma in my mind. I'm not sure how to approach the customer to start the mowing season. Do I call them and tell them it's about to start and schedule a first mowing time or ask them? I can't gauge either if all the grasses are ready to be mowed now. Mine is outside, but all yards are different. If any of you are in this area and could give me some insight when will be the appropriate time it would be appreciated thanks.

Hello I am east of you in ohio, about 30 mins east of cincy. Here we have about another possible 2 weeks before we start most mowing around here.

Comment

Well im hoping thisdang cold and snow flurries woll be done soon so i can get underway!

Comment

Hey guys;

I'm not sure if any of you live near Southern Indiana or not, but I am having a dilemma in my mind. I'm not sure how to approach the customer to start the mowing season. Do I call them and tell them it's about to start and schedule a first mowing time or ask them? I can't gauge either if all the grasses are ready to be mowed now. Mine is outside, but all yards are different. If any of you are in this area and could give me some insight when will be the appropriate time it would be appreciated thanks.
        I sent out letters for this year Feb 1st, followed up with March billing on Feb 15. Now I had two cancellations, and have had to assure 3 customers that their bill would be adjusted for the weather (only mowed twice this month).

This late in the year I would call Each one with " Hi this is xxx xxx, we are putting together our schedule for this year and want to let you know that we be serving you on xxxx day of the week starting April st. Your rate for this year will be xx (either the same as last year or increased). I look forward to seeing you on xxx.

See now you have told them when you are going to start mowing, and have told them you expect them to be a customer this year, and they are now in the mind that 'hey he did good last year so I wont be looking for any one to replace him'. Residential customers do not want to look for new service providers each year, as long as you don't piss them off.

Comment

I sent out letters for this year Feb 1st, followed up with March billing on Feb 15. Now I had two cancellations, and have had to assure 3 customers that their bill would be adjusted for the weather (only mowed twice this month).

This late in the year I would call Each one with " Hi this is xxx xxx, we are putting together our schedule for this year and want to let you know that we be serving you on xxxx day of the week starting April st. Your rate for this year will be xx (either the same as last year or increased). I look forward to seeing you on xxx.
          What is your view on why you chose the one approach over the other when it comes to notifying customers? Are there any pros or cons to each that made you choose mailing letters vs calling?
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Hey guys;

I have a shop in Evansville, Indiana, I would say another 2 weeks before most homeowners will be ready to mow, this is the latest start I have seen in years.
            I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts

Comment

Working...
            X