No announcement yet.

Aeration in the spring?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get mix of both fall and spring. I have spent considerable time educating my clients and getting them to aerate in the fall, that tends to leave my spring open to take on one time areation clients. Doing this has allowed me to do more aeration jobs per year.

Lloyd
    Blue's Yard FX
    Camrose, AB
    I think we're about the same. My regulars get fall aerations. I was hoping to get a bunch of spring aerations to fill up my schedule, but so far.....no go. I have a big fat zero. I have a bunch of other times lined up so if I don't get it, I'll still be filled. I'll keep pushing and see what happens! Thanks a bunch of the input!!

Comment

i do spring and fall i live in the warmer area, crazy weather some of the war season grases benefits from aeration in the fall as(st.agustine, and zoicia) Bermuda grass always strives as long as water every week. i use to offer detaching ot thaching, but aeration reduce thatch and people in the south its not use too this service so i gave up on it

Comment

i do spring and fall i live in the warmer area, crazy weather some of the war season grases benefits from aeration in the fall as(st.agustine, and zoicia) Bermuda grass always strives as long as water every week. i use to offer detaching ot thaching, but aeration reduce thatch and people in the south its not use too this service so i gave up on it
        I am lower south then you are a little Houston. I am aerating my butt off. I will type up a good little post what I am doing to get more aeration jobs. Here in a few minutes.

Comment

I am lower south then you are a little Houston. I am aerating my butt off. I will type up a good little post what I am doing to get more aeration jobs. Here in a few minutes.
          im in San Antonio brother we still have 40 and 30 for lows and 80 highs i start aerating when tempetures are 60ths and 80 degrees other wise with the soil expose like that i will delay the recovery process of the grass im just finishing preemerget process with my clients and start mowing here and there i did not mow a single lawn in winter(wait we are still in winter and today we had 79 dregress crazy only in TX i just spray in winter months, pure spraying for me bro with my winterize program which is micro nutrients and selective herbicide for winter weeds. lucky you i can wait to start aerating its one of my favorites in what we do.

u most be in south south TX

Comment

im in San Antonio brother we still have 40 and 30 for lows and 80 highs i start aerating when tempetures are 60ths and 80 degrees other wise with the soil expose like that i will delay the recovery process of the grass im just finishing preemerget process with my clients and start mowing here and there i did not mow a single lawn in winter(wait we are still in winter and today we had 79 dregress crazy only in TX i just spray in winter months, pure spraying for me bro with my winterize program which is micro nutrients and selective herbicide for winter weeds. lucky you i can wait to start aerating its one of my favorites in what we do.

u most be in south south TX
            I am on the Gulf so temps are always 5-10 degrees hotter here then further in land. temps are crazy!! I am going crazy one day it is 80 the next 70. This morning when I woke up it was 66. Yesterday it was 58. so it is staying at the right temp here. My daughter is in San Antonio on one of the air force bases. She says its colder there then here!! LOL I know its crazy you guys are only like 2.5 hours northwest of us. Only in Texas will temps so close be different so close. I am hoping we don't have another drought this year.

Comment

How bad was the drought? It never affected us up here. I heard a few horror stories...

Comment

How bad was the drought? It never affected us up here. I heard a few horror stories...
                Really lucky it didnít affect you! I figured it did.
                Everything died. I mean everything. My own lawn dried up. My well went dry and I had to drill a new one even deeper. It got pretty bad considering we are used to it raining a lot here. The ponds and rivers dried up. Houston was talking about how low the reservoirs were. In fact they were pretty much totally dried up was solid dirt. You could walk across them, in the past it was like 6 foot deep at its deepest point. There is now water back in them from the rains. Not much fish left in it. Sheldon reservoir has water back in it and that is a favorite fishing hole.
                Over all it was not that bad. There were a lot of forest fires around like going toward Huntsville.

Comment

Working...
                X