Aeration in the spring?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aeration in the spring?

Anyone have any luck with this? I know fall is a better time, but does anyone get good business in the spring????

Anyone have any luck with this? I know fall is a better time, but does anyone get good business in the spring????
    30 sold in spring, and 60 on fall 2012.
    5 already schedule for spring 2013 cant wait to unleash my blue beast. $$$$$$$$$$.

Comment

30 sold in spring, and 60 on fall 2012.
      5 already schedule for spring 2013 cant wait to unleash my blue beast. $$$$$$$$$$.
      UNLEASH THE BEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like I'll be getting my lazy @$$ off the couch and start advertising. I was hoping the answer would be "NO, not worth it!" so I could keep my equipment locked up till fall. Oh well.

Comment

there is good money to make in soil aeration gets better if sell it with compost, or seed.

Comment

I did fantastic in the fall. Me and all the other 5 million companies driving around. But I hardly ever see any do them or offer them in the spring. My rates are higher than most around here, but from the feedback I got, my quality is by far better. Last year I saw some pretty crappy jobs. I told one of my customers they should really look into getting one. I quoted my price, and she went with someone cheaper. This guy ripped her off good!! He put bad seed down, hardly good plugs...not going to get into all the details but it was bad. At first I felt bad for her....then I couldn't get payment for my cuts. I dropped her and laughed thinking now she'll have an overgrown lawn and a crappy aeration job. Eff her.

Comment

30 sold in spring
            Do you have any marketing suggestions to line up such jobs?
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I have thirty two scheduled already. I am selling 12 seeding jobs with them. I partnered with a company that needed help. I just bought an aerator.

Comment

Are all those 32 from partnering up? You guys got me motivated to start again! I can't wait to get started!

Comment

Are all those 32 from partnering up? You guys got me motivated to start again! I can't wait to get started!
                  Not all. But a good part is. I don't care it is good money. This is the time of year to get motivated!!

Comment

Spring is as good as fall. Warm season in spring, cool season in fall.

Comment

Spring is as good as fall. Warm season in spring, cool season in fall.
                      Read my question again. I didn't ask which was better and I think it's quite obvious spring is warmer than fall.

Comment

So how much can you charge for this service? is it once a year service? is this similar to de-thatching?

Comment

So how much can you charge for this service? is it once a year service? is this similar to de-thatching?
                          Rates really depend on your hourly rate and the property size. For 1/3 acre I can get about $300+. Thats aerating and seeding. My prices are a bit higher than most, but they know they are getting quality work with good products. I will only use Pennington seed, and the price includes dethatching.

Theres really only a need to do it once....either spring or fall.

Dethatching is pulling up dead stems and basically clearing the surface of the soil. Aerating is putting a bunch of holes in the ground to let air, water,fertilizers to the roots and help them grow. Also grass seed can be spread into the holes to get the lawns thicker. Thats the short version of both.

Comment

I haven't gotten into aeration yet simply because my aerator was stolen (I bought a brand new Ryan) and at the time all the rental places didn't have any because they were being rented but I had tons of calls asking if I was offering aeration. This was last fall but I did get a lot of calls last spring asking if I offer aeration for the spring and personally for fescue I think seeding in the spring isn't the BEST option and waiting until fall seems to yield better results.

Comment

I get mix of both fall and spring. I have spent considerable time educating my clients and getting them to aerate in the fall, that tends to leave my spring open to take on one time areation clients. Doing this has allowed me to do more aeration jobs per year.

Lloyd
                              Blue's Yard FX
                              Camrose, AB

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X