What's it called?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's it called?

So we're having a major heat wave, and all the lawns have turned yellow.

What are those pellets called that retain water and release over time?

I think it'd be a good time to sell that to my clients considering we have water restrictions/bans.

oooo

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tMJ9gNmeAlA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

anyone got an idea of where I can get this, besides their store.
    Last edited by CHEESE2009; 06-21-2012, 11:27 AM.

Comment

What about vermiculite?

- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Alright, so I picked up 3 bags of this crap for $6 per bag.

Anyone ever use this stuff?

Comment

Ive used it in garden and potted soil. I dont really see how your going to use this on a lawn. Generally this polymer is mixed into the dirt.

Comment

Oh ****. I thought it was the same polymer you were talking about earlier. Never used this coconut product. Still dont see how it works on a lawn.

Comment

Oh ****. I thought it was the same polymer you were talking about earlier. Never used this coconut product. Still dont see how it works on a lawn.

Neither do I... LOL

DAMMIT!!!

I want these magic crystals, I don't care if they work.. I want to sell my service for applying it hahaha!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Comment

Check out this wikipedia on soil moisture content. It's fascinating to see what kind of soil content will hold the most water.
                - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

hey cheese i went to the box store today and i buy some of this water retention poly whatever so i just though to let you know one spoon will make 1 gallon 1 pound for a 1000 square not bad at they also selling it a lowes.

Comment

Yeah but most of that polymer is meant to be mixed into the soil and help the soil retain water. Not just spread out on a lawn.

Comment

Aww MAN!

I want some! I can't find it anywhere!

I phoned up a local place and the convo went something like this:

Me: hey, I'm looking for something that I can apply to my lawn that will retain the water, and slowly release it over time. Do you have a product like this?

Guy: Eh? No we don't have dat! *click*

Comment

Aww MAN!

I want some! I can't find it anywhere!

I phoned up a local place and the convo went something like this:

Me: hey, I'm looking for something that I can apply to my lawn that will retain the water, and slowly release it over time. Do you have a product like this?

Guy: Eh? No we don't have dat! *click*

dude i just toll u they start selling at home depot i got me a cauple bags to advertise for fall with soil aeration.

Comment

How about getting some packaging peanuts and just spreading them out on the lawns

Comment

hahahahaha!!!

The only reason this idea would be nice, is to get away with charging a good amount of money for a quick service during the hot period of the season.

Oh well, the lawns will be green again next week! Not that I care, making money is more important than healthy lawns.

Comment

That could be it!

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X