Got my first yard.. now what?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How true!

Do you feel the way you dress effects the response you get from home owners? Have you experimented with that at all?
    yes, but no. You never know who will open the door and what they will expect of a lawn guy. I have done spectacular one day in khakis and long sleeve button up (no tie thats probably too much) and I have done great in shorts and a polo. I would say that even in the same neighborhood that there is no set (perfect look) One guy may want to do business with some dressed in khakis and a dress shirt and his neighbor may think I look like a sales man and wait for "Joe" to come by in a T-shirt and jeans with the preconception that "Joe's" price may be lower. On the flip side a potential client may work in a office environment and look down upon blue collar guys (whether consciously or sub-consciously)

Long story short: d2d is basically the lottery. I have pretty good luck at it but I have also had some bad days.

Comment

When you have gotten a few by going door to door, have you found it easier to get their neighbors to become customers? Or do you get referrals through them?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

When you have gotten a few by going door to door, have you found it easier to get their neighbors to become customers? Or do you get referrals through them?
        Yes, that add's alot of legitimacy to you knocking on a potential client's door.

Comment

that add's alot of legitimacy to you knocking on a potential client's door.
          This is a good point to focus on. It's that legitimacy that helps you stand out from just a general solicitor. Working on the neighbors lawn seems to give you a value and make it easier to sell.
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X