lawn chemical code

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lawn chemical code

I am looking for an on line source of lawn chemical abbreviations.
    such as XCU,SCU PPSCU and also the numbers like .10% or .15% and 0-0-7M or simular.
    If you all know of a source please post it.

Would this help?

http://www.abbreviations.com/acronyms/CHEMISTRY
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I am looking for an on line source of lawn chemical abbreviations.
      such as XCU,SCU PPSCU and also the numbers like .10% or .15% and 0-0-7M or simular.
      If you all know of a source please post it.
      The XCU, SCU, PPSCU is the type of fertilizer.
      Twitter
      Facebook
      LinkedIn
      Website

Comment

not very much.

Comment

The XCU, SCU, PPSCU is the type of fertilizer.
          o.k. but what is the long spelling of each abbreviation.

Comment

PCSCU = polymer-coated, sulfur-coated urea

SCU = sulfur-coated urea

PPSCU = polymer plus sulfur-coated urea (I think sulfur is the outer layer as opposed to polymer on the outside in PCSCU)

XCU = Loveland's version of PPSCU

It tells you the nitrogen is slowly released and by what mechanism.
            Last edited by mark123; 01-18-2012, 05:51 PM.
            Boughter's Lawn Care Services Mowing and Fertilizing in New Castle, PA

Comment

The three number code tells you the percentage of macronutrients (Nitrogen, Phosphorus and Potassium) in a fertilizer.

Comment

http://www.agriumat.com/turf/include...rida_Focus.pdf

Try this out.

I have personally used XCU this past season and I noticed some amazing results with it. Unfortunately I had a fall out with the Agrium sales man, so I will be using something else this coming season.
                Twitter
                Facebook
                LinkedIn
                Website

Comment

... I will be using something else this coming season.
                  I'd avoid Lesco. Not only are their prices insane the product is not that great.

Comment

I'd avoid Lesco. Not only are their prices insane the product is not that great.
                    I went through my Lesco phase a couple years ago, and I lost a lot of clients because of the poor quality product. That is why I was happy with the Loveland product.

Unfortunately what the sales person did at Agrium, I really didn't appreciate. To make a long story short I ordered products from them. I didn't receive an invoice and I kept on asking my sales guy about why I hadn't received an invoice yet. He told me because they were switching to a new billing system, and it would be a few weeks before I would receive my invoice. Weeks went by and I kept on asking him over and over again, where is my invoice, but he told me not to worry about it.

Finally one day I received a past due notice in the mail, with interest and late fees on it.

I called up the company billing department and said "Hey, I never received an invoice, and second of all my sales guy told me that it would be delayed. So you need to remove these late fees." They refused to do so.

So I called back up my sales guy and said "You told me that the invoice was going to be delayed, I never received one, and I kept on asking you where it was at. Now I have late fees."

The sales guy "Well, thats not my fault that you had an invoice past due"

Me "Well, yes it is, and you need to fix it. I kept on asking about it, and you told me not to worry"

The sales guy "Call up billing, I can't do anything about it"

Me "I already called up billing, and now it's your responsbility to fix it since you are the one that told me not to worry about it"

The sales guy "Sorry I don't deal with billing"

I hung up on him, called up the billing department, chewed them out, and then told them about the sales guy. I paid my bill over the phone and told them that I was done with them as a company. Then the sales guy calls me back chewing me out because he got in trouble. "I thought we were friends", he said. I hung up on him and that was that.
                    Twitter
                    Facebook
                    LinkedIn
                    Website

Comment

I went through my Lesco phase a couple years ago, and I lost a lot of clients because of the poor quality product. That is why I was happy with the Loveland product.
                      Ever since John deere got involved lesco went straight to crap.

My Agrium dealer does some weird stuff, too. I don't use credit; I always pay by check. Every time though I get a bill and I have to call to tell them that I already paid in full.

Your guy wasn't Chad, was it?
                      Last edited by mark123; 01-18-2012, 08:01 PM.

Comment

PCSCU = polymer-coated, sulfur-coated urea

SCU = sulfur-coated urea

PPSCU = polymer plus sulfur-coated urea (I think sulfur is the outer layer as opposed to polymer on the outside in PCSCU)

XCU = Loveland's version of PPSCU

It tells you the nitrogen is slowly released and by what mechanism.
                        Thanks, why would loveland use an X to replace PP?

Comment

Thanks, why would loveland use an X to replace PP?
                          Trade name? Sounds fancy? Their own ratio or formula? Who knows.
                          Last edited by mark123; 01-18-2012, 08:51 PM.

Comment

I was gonna ask what the heck happened to Lesco. A while back, they seemed to be lighting the world on fire. They were growing and growing and could do no wrong.

What's your thoughts on how John Deere messed it all up?
                            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I was gonna ask what the heck happened to Lesco. A while back, they seemed to be lighting the world on fire. They were growing and growing and could do no wrong.

What's your thoughts on how John Deere messed it all up?
                              They just lost touch with everything. They never planned things out properly. Their website is never updated, the sales reps don't know anything, in fact there was a local rep that got fired because he was giving away supplies to his friends.

If I remember correctly Lesco products are basically Spring Valley products, just repackaged.
                              Twitter
                              Facebook
                              LinkedIn
                              Website

Comment

Working...
                              X