How to trim?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to trim?

I needs some help, what is the best way to trim these? also should I wait untill fall. But this is a apartment complex and people are complaining about the overgrowth on the sidewalk, Let me know

www.painelesscreations.com
    Visit us on Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/PainelessCreations

Can't help what you can't see. Or is it just me.
    Colton
    Mountain View Greenskeeper proudly offering yard care in the East Valley of Arizona.

Comment

once the blossoms go by you can cut the stems back to the greens. If it can wait until the fall you can dig up some of the bulbs that are close to the walkways, thus eliminating the over growth and next spring they won't grow out into the walkways.

If it can't wait and the owner says cut them back I would thin them out by digging some of the front ones up and transplant them somewhere or maybe you know someone who would like some new lily bulbs or have a place for them yourself.
      Brian
      Durgin's Lawn & Landscape LLC

www.durginslawnandlandscape.com

Comment

Ya a hedge trimmer will zip right through it but I'm not sure how good it will look. I know its a different plant but they share similar traits. We have to trim the red yuccas every once in a great while but using the hedge trimmer doesn't always look the best. I would consider what wdcutter said and dig'em out.
        Colton
        Mountain View Greenskeeper proudly offering yard care in the East Valley of Arizona.

Comment

This is kind of interesting because it could be handled in different ways it seems. If you dig up the bulbs and move them back, they will not need to be trimmed as often. But for more business, it seems like just trimming them will help you to include them in your annual services to rim them again and again and again.
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

That is a very good point and makes you wonder what other services could be handled in such a way as to make more profit over the long haul.
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

The trimming also takes about 1/10th the time and while you can't charge as much for it you will be in front of the customer more often which keeps them interested and keeps other companies from edging in.
              that's what makes each of our companies different and am not saying this philosophy is wrong, but as far as keeping other companies from edging in.. I wouldn't go quite that far and though some customers may not mind, the other side of the coin is that some do.

I have picked up some other companies clients this year because they were doing similar things and there clients didn't like it.

I may not be in front of my clients as much by not doing these types of things, but they do not hesitate to call or recommend me for anything.

just another view, by the way did this job ever get done?
              Brian
              Durgin's Lawn & Landscape LLC

www.durginslawnandlandscape.com

Comment

I have picked up some other companies clients this year because they were doing similar things and there clients didn't like it.
                What kinds of reasons have you heard that new customers didnt like about their previous lawn care company? Also, how do you defend against this so they don't get rid of your company because of something they don't like that you don't know about?

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions, I will attack it and let you know how I do it and post pictures of how it looks

Bobby
                  www.painelesscreations.com
                  Visit us on Facebook
                  http://www.facebook.com/PainelessCreations

Comment

I look forwards to it. Also keep us posted on how much time it actually took versus the time you thought it would take. This should be a great learning experience.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X