Lawn care schedule/program

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawn care schedule/program

Alright, take it from the top please. Like I said, Im a brand new guy looking to get it going this season and beyond. I would like a better understanding of the typical schedule for lawn care. Heres how I see it....
    early spring- corn gluten
    summer- corn gluten
    fall- dethatch if needed then aerate then top dress/overseed and fertilizer.

how off base am I? I really like the thought of all organics like Growing Green has been selling. Im needing a plan!

Alright, take it from the top please. Like I said, Im a brand new guy looking to get it going this season and beyond. I would like a better understanding of the typical schedule for lawn care. Heres how I see it....
    early spring- corn gluten
    summer- corn gluten
    fall- dethatch if needed then aerate then top dress/overseed and fertilizer.

how off base am I? I really like the thought of all organics like Growing Green has been selling. Im needing a plan!
    Hi Brian,
    This all depends on what area you are in, but this is what I do in South Texas which will be a little different than you in OKC. I'm farely new at all of this as well. What I suggest is to go to an organic nursery near you and ask them what the best times is to apply the different organic products in your area. This is what I do though:

February - Corn Gluten (it is a 9-0-0 so it acts as a fertilizer as well)
    March - Organic Compost
    March or Fall - Organic Mulch for flower beds
    Fall - Organic Fertilizer

I don't thatch yet. Don't know enough about it and not sure if I need a license for that.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Matt

Comment

Did you see this post on lawn care packages? Maybe you could utilize some of that information?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Thanks for the insight!

Comment

Let us know what you decide to go with.
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Working...
          X