What the heck do I do with the dirt?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the heck do I do with the dirt?

Ok this is something I'm going to come across and as a noob I need your help and suggestions. Let's say I'm going to redo a whole garden bed and I'm going to mix some new compost in there and pull up all the old stuff and plant all new shrubs, flowers, etc... I ONLY have a truck and no trailer and my questions is what the heck do I do with all the extra dirt and mulch? Do I just put it in my wheelbarrow and then use the shovel and throw it in a corner in the back of my truck and then cover it with tarp? Any suggestions on how this would be easier? What do you guys do?

Thanks in advance for your feedback,
    Matt

you can rent a trailer really cheap

Comment

But what if it isn't a huge bed. I'm going to redo the bed then shovel up all the old dirt and old mulch, put it in my wheelbarrow, take it to my truck and then use shovel to put it in the back of my truck. Then I guess from here I would take it to landfill and dump it off?

Matt

Comment

Do u not have a much yard to recycle at

Comment

get yourself a ramp,to load it into your truck,shovel work is hard on your back ,the ramp will be usefull for other things as well .

Comment

Do u not have a much yard to recycle at
            Great idea! That is what I need for sure. Whew! Would be much easier.

I did call our Texas Landfill that is close to my home and they charge $3 a cubic yard to drop off dirt. Not too bad.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Matt

Comment

what the heck do i do with the dirt

Ok this is something I'm going to come across and as a noob I need your help and suggestions. Let's say I'm going to redo a whole garden bed and I'm going to mix some new compost in there and pull up all the old stuff and plant all new shrubs, flowers, etc... I ONLY have a truck and no trailer and my questions is what the heck do I do with all the extra dirt and mulch? Do I just put it in my wheelbarrow and then use the shovel and throw it in a corner in the back of my truck and then cover it with tarp? Any suggestions on how this would be easier? What do you guys do?

Thanks in advance for your feedback,
              Matt
              what i usually do is to put tarp aside and thow the dirt on it tillim done then suvel it in tne truck. dean

Comment

what i usually do is to put tarp aside and thow the dirt on it tillim done then suvel it in tne truck. dean
                Great idea Dean! Haven't even thought of that.

Thanks,
                Matt

Comment

Do you have a section on your property where you can keep some dirt and then maybe reuse it later? Or offer clean fill on craigslist and sell it that way?
                  - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                  Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Do you have a section on your property where you can keep some dirt and then maybe reuse it later? Or offer clean fill on craigslist and sell it that way?
                    Unfortunately, I don't. Would love to be able to do that.

Matt

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X