No announcement yet.

lawn striping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you feel it is important to change the direction of the stripes after a certain period of time, or is it always better to keep with the same cutting direction?

What do you feel is better for the lawn and what is better for the stripes?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Do you feel it is important to change the direction of the stripes after a certain period of time, or is it always better to keep with the same cutting direction?

What do you feel is better for the lawn and what is better for the stripes?
      I try to do a different pattern each week. Usually I'll alternate between horizontal and vertical. Then every once in a while I'll do a diagonal stripe if I decide to take the extra time.

If you make the same pattern every week you'll rut the lawn. The tire tracks will get slightly lower each week, especially if it has rained, and this will cause the area in the middle of the deck to get scalped. If you see a lawn with brown lines except where there are tire tracks you'll know they never change pattern.
      Boughter's Lawn Care Services Mowing and Fertilizing in New Castle, PA

Comment

Very interesting!

How long after your last fertilization do you feel is the optimal time to take a great picture of the lawn?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Very interesting!

How long after your last fertilization do you feel is the optimal time to take a great picture of the lawn?
          A couple of days to a couple of weeks. If you use fertilizer with Iron you get that deep green color rather quickly. Of course if your pH is off fertilizing may not have a significant color effect. It also depends on your grass type. You're not going to get that deep, dark green on tall fescue or zoysia, et al.
          Boughter's Lawn Care Services Mowing and Fertilizing in New Castle, PA

Comment

Working...
          X