No announcement yet.

Got Fined By The County :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steve At the shelter i had to use there volunteer shirt. But when i go help habitat for humanity i will wear my company shirt..
    The Cleaning Doctor Yeah when i go to the job sites for habitat for humanity thats what i plan on doing

Comment

Is there any way you will be able to use your community service time to promote your business at all?

Can you do things like park cleanups? Or something where you can put a sign up when you are done or meet others in your area that might need lawn care?
      It's a serious offence here also, we are a chemical free city yet some of the national companies are still here. Last Friday, Saturday were heavy rain, ideal time to spray, emails were pouring in asking if we could deal with chinch bug which we can, anyhow these nationals stay out of the city as by-law enforcement is around.

I was spraying a place for chinch bug, about 40,000 sq/ft when one of these national companies pulled in to the lot next door, it wasn't 10 min when by-law enforcement arrived, I suspect someone called as they (homeowners) are all on wells, anyhow we were both checked, they take a sample from your sprayer back to their vehicle for on site testing, I passed as always, buddy next door was not so fortunate, $1,500 fine, sceized his vehicle and had it towed. He will get it back after the court date which is generally pretty quick.

It doesn't matter what the stores sell up until the end of the year, the homeowner can generally get away with it however if a company applies a chemical and the boys come along, you are in deep crap and they do not fool around.
      Andy
      Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

Today I went to court. Found out it is a VERY serious crime. I plead guilty and asked for community service. The fine was dropped to $627.29 and i received 23.5 hours of community service for a non-profit organization of my choice must be completed in 90 days from today. The three house that i service with the pest control i will be calling them and telling them i can no longer service them (in the pest control field). Happy out come i guess? The fine i will pay over time (three months) so around 210.00 a month. So yeah my advice is not to apply pesticides if you don't have a applicators license!
        I am curious what the issue with the lawns is and did you look into Organic solutions?
        Andy
        Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

picframer Thats crazy! I didn't get my vehicle seized thankfully. What do you mean "I am curious what the issue with the lawns is.."? Yeah i looked into organic spray and i really like it. I think it would be a great ad on to the business.

Comment

picframer Thats crazy! I didn't get my vehicle seized thankfully. What do you mean "I am curious what the issue with the lawns is.."? Yeah i looked into organic spray and i really like it. I think it would be a great ad on to the business.
            I guess my question is what was or is the issue with the lawn requiring you to use chemicals?

As for having vehicles seized, it doesn't stop there, I can't work within 20 feet of any lake or stream without an environmental permit, if I do and they come by, all equipment at the site is seized, it's pretty serious and could put a company even my size out of business, fines can be as high as $100,000 depending on the location and what was being done, say for example a rock wall along the ocean as a brake for erosion.
            Andy
            Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

picframer The lawn didn't need chemicals. It was the house. It was for pesticides ie ants and spiders.

$100,000.00!! WOW that is crazy. I am for sure getting my applicators license. I'm already in the process

Comment

Glad to see you didn't get slammed by the system.. I do know that in CT and VT you CAN NOT apply any pesticide, regardless of what type or where you bought it on someone elses property besides your own. I usually do grub ex, and a weed and feed on my grandmothers lawn every year, but refused to bring my lettered truck to her house and do it, for the same reason you were fined. In CT, i know that the pesticide liscenses are also very specific, limiting your oppertunities..
                "Nothing Beats a well Taylored Landscape"

Comment

picframer The lawn didn't need chemicals. It was the house. It was for pesticides ie ants and spiders.

$100,000.00!! WOW that is crazy. I am for sure getting my applicators license. I'm already in the process
                  How did they even find out? Someone must have called.
                  Andy
                  Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

picframer Like i said the original reason code enforcement came out was because of a noise disturbance witch was me working at 8:45 in the morning at a customers house.. And they came out and saw the pesticides in the truck and asked for all my license. And i didn't have my applicators license. so that was the reason i got cited...

Comment

That sucks

I actually got 'checked' today. I was trimming palms when this "code enforcement" truck shows up. Figured he was checking codes on the irrigation that was put in across the street. Nope, walked right upto me, asked for my lisensing and all of my information. Then said he had to see if i had "chemicals."

I had pissed off a group of Corporate Landscaper Douche Bags about an hour earlier, it was like Middle School "You need a real trailer and equipment." Told them atleast i OWN my trailer and equipment...

Anyways, i cracked open by big ol' bucket of Vinegar and Salt, pulled the bag of hot pepper flakes, lavender oil, rosemary and 4 boxes of salt. Had 8 bottles of vinegar in the bed under the clippings. The guy cracked up. Then i showed him my portable burner for heating up my 3qt SS pan for making mixtures. He shook my hand and got into his truck and headed out.

If you need any help with ORGANICS, let me know, i can lend a hand.

Matt
                      M.A.K. Landscaping

http://www.ma-klandscaping.com

407-949-1073

Volusia County FL
                      Seminole County FL

"Treating your property as if it were OUR own!"

Comment

MAKLawnCutter Hey Matt, I would like to learn more on the organic spray.. What does it stop? And you have your applicators license right?
                        Thanks

Comment

I'm Done!!

Whoooop Whooop.......So i am done with all of my community service hours! I ended up just doing them all at the shelter... Habitat humanity didn't have much projects going o around here so i stuck with the shelter witch was cool. So many animals!! Go out and adopt a animal if you guys can! Matt, thank you i got your message with the organic spray info.. Now all i have to do is finish paying the fine! Thanks for everyone support

Comment

Working...
                          X