Nature's Lawn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nature's Lawn

I've a question for swstout and picfarmer and others that use Nature's Lawn products.

It seems to be a couple of bucks less expensive to order Nature's Magic and Aerify! separately than it is to order the combination product called Aerify! Plus. In larger quantities I'm sure that makes a significant difference. The question is do you buy it separately and do you customize the mix of the products according to the conditions of the lawn and weather?
    Boughter's Lawn Care Services Mowing and Fertilizing in New Castle, PA

Im still learning but it seems to be adjust to what the yard needs. So its not a one size fits all with the aerify! Plus.
    Colton
    Mountain View Greenskeeper proudly offering yard care in the East Valley of Arizona.

Comment

Seperate, you see you can never put too much on so if I have a yard that has severe clay, I will triple the Aerify and a regular mixture of Natures Magic, we buy totes and get a pretty steep discount as we go through so much.
      Andy
      Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

Separate

I get them sepeately also for the same reason as Andy plus I mix it with fertilizer, lwn sulfur, lawn iron, etc. You can mix and match all of Nature's Lawn products and do double, tripple duty plus. I.E. fertilize, dethatch, aerify, weed cintrol, insect control alll at the same time.

Steve

p.s. You can even apply them on rain days.

Comment

I get them sepeately also for the same reason as Andy plus I mix it with fertilizer, lwn sulfur, lawn iron, etc. You can mix and match all of Nature's Lawn products and do double, tripple duty plus. I.E. fertilize, dethatch, aerify, weed cintrol, insect control alll at the same time.

Steve

p.s. You can even apply them on rain days.
          And Corn Gluten, just make sure you don't seed or over seed using Corn Gluten, it pretty much wipes out germination for weeks
          Andy
          Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

Thanks fellows. I'm just trying out a few quarts for now since I got my spray rig. I'm planning to calibrate it on Monday.

... plus I mix it with fertilizer, lwn sulfur, lawn iron, etc. ...
            May I ask about those other products. Are they Nature's Lawn or other companies? I'm really interested in adding iron to the mix. It really greens the lawns up in a few days.

Comment

Thanks fellows. I'm just trying out a few quarts for now since I got my spray rig. I'm planning to calibrate it on Monday.

May I ask about those other products. Are they Nature's Lawn or other companies? I'm really interested in adding iron to the mix. It really greens the lawns up in a few days.
              Really depends on the lawn we are loking at
              Andy
              Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

Other liquid produxcs

Liquid Lawn Iron Quick Greening Blend Natural Liquid Iron for Lawns - One Gallon
                Liquid Lawn Sulfur
                Soil Sul Liquid Sulfur - Gallon
                Liquid Lawn Lime
                http://www.turboturf.com/Liquid_Lime.htm
                Gluten-8
                http://www.ictorganics.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/products.productDetail/productID/9/index.htm

Steve

Comment

Thanks! Fantastic!!

Comment

Have a question for you guys, should probably have started a new thread.

I had a call on the weekend from a client, from time to time we all get bad grass seed.

My clients all know where we get our products from, I haven't called our supplier of Organic soils but the client claims they called them to ask why their grass may not be growing after we did a turf dressing job, the client claims the owner of the company went out and said it was due to the fact that we did not apply things properly and the seed was baked, first off this is BS as we haven't had that many hot days yet, he told the client you seed and then turf dressing, what we do is lay the dressing, seed, rake, roll and seed.

Needless to say I was furious so I haven't called them yet as I want to give my wording some thought, we have never had an issue before, I know what the issue is and it's the Corn Gluten, it is slowing germination by weeks.
                    Andy
                    Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

I guess it depends on the turf dressing, especially it's depth. Did you put corn gluten in the mix or does it come from the factory that way? I have always prepared the soil before seeding, just like you do.

Seed has been taking an extra long time to germinate around here. Either that or folks are just getting more impatient. They want to plant the seed, go have a cup of coffee and come out and see it sprout. :shrug:

What's the depth of the dressing?

Comment

I guess it depends on the turf dressing, especially it's depth. Did you put corn gluten in the mix or does it come from the factory that way? I have always prepared the soil before seeding, just like you do.

Seed has been taking an extra long time to germinate around here. Either that or folks are just getting more impatient. They want to plant the seed, go have a cup of coffee and come out and see it sprout. :shrug:

What's the depth of the dressing?
                        3/4 to 1" tops, it's taking three weeks to germanate as our nights just are not warm enough yet.
                        Andy
                        Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

3/4 to 1" tops, it's taking three weeks to germanate as our nights just are not warm enough yet.
                          Is it Kentucky Bluegrass? If so three weeks is about right.

Comment

Is it Kentucky Bluegrass? If so three weeks is about right.
                            It is two kinds of Kentucky however it has Red Fescue and Rye grass as well to get the green up going faster, I buy from Halifax Seed as they make this themselves and have been in business over 50 years.

But as you noted people want results yesterday, if so then sod for frig sake.

Then again some lawn just need a kick in the butt and turf dressing does it but like a lot of things you have to be patient.
                            Andy
                            Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

Well, just make sure it comes in perfectly and then tell them "I told you it would work".

Comment

Working...
                              X