lawn rolling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lawn rolling

i had 3 people come up to me while mowing earlier this week and ask me what i would charge to roll their lawn. anyone have any ideas on how to charge for this. all the lawns are .33 acre.

Are you doing it by hand or behind a tractor/machine? I work it out so that we are charging $65.00 an hour, in this case I would charge around $50.00 for .33 of an acre, we have various size rollers however we pull them behind a garden tractor.
    Andy
    Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

yes i will be towing behind a tractor i have three rollers a 24" a 36is and a 48

Comment

When they come up to you asking for such a service, do you find you can get an opening and upsell them on lawn service as well as other services?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Yea 2 of the rolling customers mentioned having me mow and fertilize after rolling and i talked with the other one after giving the quote and got him for mowing as well!!!

Comment

Are you promoting lawn rolling in your area? If a few customers are actively coming to you to get this service, there may be many others looking for it, just not knowing where to get it from.
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

No I wasnt initally promoting lawn rolling as one of my service but i have now added it as I have 5 more people want it as well as a couple other things that I didnt intend on having as part of my business but since there has been so many requests and the money is good i will be adding them now. have to buy some additional equipment but the income from these jobs has more than offset the cost of the equipment.

Comment

What else did you have to buy?

Comment

i bought an core aerator and a dethatcher i also rented a sod cutter to re-sod a front yard.

Comment

I know a lot of forum members consider this but when do you feel it is worthwhile purchasing such equipment versus renting it?

Comment

the sod cutter i would not purchase unless i had very many sod jobs, they are just to expensive, even used. the other stuff i got as part of a lawn equip package deal off craigslist (2006 dixie chopper 60" with 500 hrs 6x12 trailer fold down gate trimmer blower racks and lanscape box dethatcher and 48" core aerator for $3000) i have had alot of request for aeration and dethatching so they would definately be worth purchasing

Comment

Oh good job! Did you happen to ask the seller why they were selling? Were they getting out of the business? Any reason why?

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X