Chainsaw instead of stick edger?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chainsaw instead of stick edger?

So....I have this problem. I need to outline a garden, to seperate it from the lawn. i do not have a stick edger. there are no underground sprinklers, or wires of any kind. i wouldnt go more than an inch or two deep. has anyone ever done this, or know of a better way to do it other than a shovel?
    thanks!

rent

you could rent an edger if it's a big project. otherwise a flat spade shovel works great and it doesn't take very long. I would say you can do 2 ft per minute fairly easily if it's only 1-2 inches deep.

Comment

ya know....renting never even crossed my mind. Thanks!

Comment

id rent one..maybe even get a hand edger if your willing to do the work..
        a chainsaw will work but your gonna get that blade sharpened..once dirt hits most blades it tears it apart..
        Just Kut Lawn and Landscape
        "Where Service is Always in Season"
        Reach for the stars so if you fall you land on a cloud.

Comment

Rent or do it manually, using a chainsaw is an accident looking for a place to happen, trust me I have been running saws for over 30 years and things like this make me cringe as I know what can happen.
          Andy
          Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

Could you even use some marking paint and then use a shovel?
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Could you even use some marking paint and then use a shovel?
              What we do is use Orange heavy string for the design, have the customer agree then go to it, works excellent.
              Andy
              Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

That is a great idea. That way you can move it around. Nothing is permanent.
                - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

That is a great idea. That way you can move it around. Nothing is permanent.
                  Yes and by doing this the customer can not say that is not what I had in mind, if there is a change after you agree to where the string was laid out, then it's your nickle to change it.

This is why I like involving customers as I can't read their mind.
                  Andy
                  Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

Working...
                  X