Commercial vs Res Edgeing Price

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commercial vs Res Edgeing Price

Guys I have a question. I am working on a commercial bid and I have to edge the property 4 times during the season. I have a little over 4,000ft. Mostly sidewalks and curbs. When I do residential I usually price about 75 cents a foot. But I know I can not get away with that in commercial. Just wanting some insight on how to price it commercial.
    Thanks

Do you have to itemize the cost for each service in the bid or will it list all the services and then show one sum?

I have a little over 4,000ft
    How long would that take each time? How much do you need to charge per hour to operate?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Steve. I do have do itemize the edging. This is for hard edging not bed edging. I charge 40.00 an hour. This is my first year in commercial. The edging and hedges are prices together. I also have to add the cost of leaf removal in the mowing cost. I do know what it cost to operate my business to the penny. I am a 1 man operation with a helper when I need it. I have measured everything.
      The bid breaks down into 4 cost:

Cost for Mowing/Cost for edging,shrub/Cost for fertilization/Cost for Mulch

Thanks for the help!

Comment

If you can estimate the amount of time the job would take, then scale up from some of your residential prices.

ex: If an average lawn takes you a half hour and this commercial property is going to take you 2 hours, that is 4 x the man hours. You could simply multiply your bid by 4 x the average residential property price then.
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X