No announcement yet.

commercial vs residential

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Floridajoe;66529]Just wanted to bring up a conversation about commercial vs residential.
    Do most of you find commercial to be a ego thing. Seems most will do whatever they can do to get commercial accounts. Around here that means loosing money. In my area there are sooo many companies going for the commercial at whatever cost. I find that most of the commercials around here go stricktly with the lowest bid. They are not concerned with anything about your service, or what may set you apart from the rest. Just the bottom dollar. Not saying I don't do commercial, I do have some very good commercial accounts. But in general they seem to be more of a pain than my residential customers.
    It takes more residential to get to the dollar amount; but it seems I can make almost double per hour on residential than what the commercials go for. I will not loose money on ANY job, just to say I have commercial. I just usually tell them: "next season when the guy you hired has all broken down equipment and no money to replace it; call me I'll be here."
    What does everyone else think? Does this seem to be the norm everywhere? Are all the new guys thinking they must undercut commercial

Yes I totally agree with you I would rather take the residential work over the commercial it is a pain and you do loose alot of money, and plus the resedential customer appreciates your work alot more than the commercial crowd

Comment

lowest bidder

Here in Nor Cal it seems to be the same I looked into a couple quick stops and 7-11s and asked the manager how can i get his buisiness he said beet the current guys price. The only way I could figure swollowing doing the same work for less than the other guy is making on it now would be a long term contract for a little sense of security but I havent approched any of them with that angle yet

Comment

Here in Nor Cal it seems to be the same I looked into a couple quick stops and 7-11s and asked the manager how can i get his buisiness he said beet the current guys price. The only way I could figure swollowing doing the same work for less than the other guy is making on it now would be a long term contract for a little sense of security but I havent approched any of them with that angle yet
        It would be interesting to know how much time and profit could be made on such a property, compared with an equal sized residential property.
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

one way to look at it

means to short term income until you can get long term residential loyal accounts that's saying one commercial account equals a few residential accounts out here I see no long term future with small commercial accounts that require no insurance or any type of loyalty other than price.

Comment

Working...
          X