Epsom Salt reducing weeds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epsom Salt reducing weeds

I had a local guy that works for a large local commercial outfit tell me that applying epsom salt to your lawn would reduce weeds in a lawn. He said that they would get the epsom salts wet and then let it dry and break up the big clumps into a more granular size and then apply with a granular spreader. Has anyone else heard of this? Thanks.
    "A business that makes nothing but money is a poor kind of business." - Henry Ford

Touchton's Complete Lawn Care

I would use it on a sidewalk or brick walkway but stay away from any flower bed as it will kill plants, also stay away from any well that the customer may have and I mean at least 50 feet as it could ruin their drinking water but yes it will work mixed with warm water.
    Andy
    Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

Any thoughts on the increased salinity impacting growing conditions for the existing turf? Will it impact highly organic soils? etc.
      "A business that makes nothing but money is a poor kind of business." - Henry Ford

Touchton's Complete Lawn Care

Comment

Any thoughts on the increased salinity impacting growing conditions for the existing turf? Will it impact highly organic soils? etc.
        In my experience any kind of salt that I have seen kills turf, I would like for an alternative if the area you are doing is anywhere near turf.
        Andy
        Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

Working...
        X