Weed and Feed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liquid organics

Here is my trouble with understanding all of this. The more i look at this organic spray, the more i love it. However, Theres too many products. Now If the ph is too low we use Liquid Lawn Lime right? What if it's too high what to use to bring down?. Reading this stuff is great, its just alot of products and then your like wtf..lol. I want to use it and bring it to the table. But you still havent said your real thoughts about it. And I am curious about that. Obviousley your using it I understand that. How green does the lawn get? And is it something that has to be done 50 times before you see any results because you know as much as I do the mentality people have about that.
    Lower pH with Liquid Sulfur
    http://www.agorganics.com/products/Soil-Sul-Liquid-Sulfur-Gallon/13/186.html
    or Liquid Iron
    http://www.gemplers.com/product.aspx?itemNo=156302&s_kwcid=TC|4086|liquid% 20iron%20for%20plants||S|e|3012835615

Raise pH with Liquid Lime
    http://www.turboturf.com/Liquid_Lime.htm
    You will see results from Nature's Magic almost overnight. The same with Aerify.

As far as green goes, Often iron is more important to greening than nitrogen. Different turfs have different green ranges.

The biggest benefit of Organic Products is soil conditioning. Increase bio-activity, organic matter in the soil, micro-nutrients and trace elements and you will have a healthy, weed and insect resistant lawn.

How long does it take? That really depends on how long chemical/synthetic fertilizers, insecticides and pesticides had been used. They tend to render soil infertile.

The use of Nature's Magic every 4-5 weeks will detoxify a lawn in 1-2 seasons.

Aerify, early spring and mid summer will relieve compaction and utilize air, water, and nutrients more efficiently.

The Bio-enhanced dethatcher does much more than just dethatch. It boosts soil bio-life (the bacteria and enzymes necessary for good plant health and functions.

Remember, A green lawn is not necessarily a healthy lawn. Chemical fertilizers actually hurt the soil bio life but make the grass green.

Organic lawn care becomes self sustaining in time.

Steve

Comment

As these products are organic, does that make the applicator exempt from any regulations like EPA rules and liscencing and such?
      "A business that makes nothing but money is a poor kind of business." - Henry Ford

Touchton's Complete Lawn Care

Comment

The EPA and the FDA both classify these products as "food" sources. The only special handeling required is temperature control for Aerify and the Bio-enhanced dethatcher (store at 40 to 80 degrees F).

They contain bio-life, freezing and prolonged high temps can be detrimental to them.

Steve

Comment

How many treatments is usual for Gluton8? I'm trying to price out this stuff for a client but don't know how many times I'll have to apply it.
          "A business that makes nothing but money is a poor kind of business." - Henry Ford

Comment

Also, is this the correct order of application?

dethatch
            gluton8

How much time do I leave between application of one before I can apply the other.

Comment

Okay guys. I think I have this whole thing figured out. I got a delivery of Aerify Plus and dethatcher. I did a first application on my own lawn of Aerify and will do another in a couple of weeks. I will post results. I have also sold a season of these product applications to one of my good customers who has been gracious enough to give a shot at fertilizer treatments for this season. Wish me luck and thanks for all the input.

Brian T.

Comment

Brian this is exciting!

Take some before and after pictures for us to show what the difference is! It would also help you with your marketing.
                - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

great post

Great post. Please do post your results. "getting it right" with organic lawn care takes a LITTLE more thought and timing, I've found, so this is valuable stuff.
                  Kenneth LaVoie III
                  LaVoie's Landscape Mgmt. Inc.- Winslow, Maine

Comment

Working...
                  X