Workmans compensation claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workmans compensation claim

Anyone have any experience with workmans compensation? I have an employee with a very torn tendon in his wrist. He went to the hospital and got a brace and steroids through medicaid (trying to save the company from a claim) But after a one week checkup the doctor said its getting worse. Anybody know how it works, or if it can be claimed on workmans comp after it was already claimed as a personal injury?

Anyone have any experience with workmans compensation? I have an employee with a very torn tendon in his wrist. He went to the hospital and got a brace and steroids through medicaid (trying to save the company from a claim) But after a one week checkup the doctor said its getting worse. Anybody know how it works, or if it can be claimed on workmans comp after it was already claimed as a personal injury?
    CD, I haven't had any issues with Workman's Comp Ins. yet but I would think that if he injured himself at work, then yes you could claim it.

You said personal injury... did he injure himself while not at work???

Comment

I have an employee with a very torn tendon in his wrist. He went to the hospital and got a brace and steroids through medicaid (trying to save the company from a claim) But after a one week checkup the doctor said its getting worse. Anybody know how it works, or if it can be claimed on workmans comp after it was already claimed as a personal injury?
      It sounds like there is more of a back story to this. Can you tell us more?

trying to save the company from a claim
      Your company or another company he works for?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

It's a touchy subject, but usually these are your options:

If he mentioned to you at any time he hurt himself while working, its a workers comp claim. If he told the doctor he hurt himself on the job, its a claim.

If he said he did it while off the clock, on his own time, or told the doctor its a personal injury, then its not considered a workers comp claim.

You can fight this if he/she is trying to claim it. If he/she never reported it to you, or never mentioned it to a co worker, then you can use that as evidence. You can also fight it if they avoided a company policy. They are a common scam to pull and sometimes its cheaper to pay it and move on. You just have to weigh your options.

Comment

The injury was a torn tendon from repeatedly palming blocks of wood and tossing them into a truck or trailer. About 14 full cords worth in a couple days. some blocks were handled multiple times. I have gotten "sore wrists" before from doing this but have always been smart enough to change the way I handled the wood at that point in time. Apparently he ignored it and kept going to keep up production.
          I was willing to let him make the claim to help him recover but the doctor had told him it was already recorded as a personally injury and there was no chance of workman's comp. After a couple weeks of trying to take it easier the doctor gave him the o.k. to try and use it a little more unless its uncomfortable. Fortunately for me he is not out to hurt the company or trying to get out of work, we just had to adjust the work day so he can still work and not use that wrist as much.

Comment

Fortunately for me he is not out to hurt the company
            For those that haven't dealt with a situation like this, what kinds of things could an employee do when injured that could hurt the company? What does a business owner need to watch out for?
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X