Poison Ivy Protection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poison Ivy Protection

This Friday I have a hedge trimming job for a residential customer. When I was estimating the shrubbery, I was quick to identify poison ivy. I would like to know what kind of protection besides gloves y`all wear to prevent getting poison ivy. I know it is pretty nasty from prior experience.
    Thanks.

Wearing a long shirt would be important and long pants. I've heard the oils from poison ivy can make their way through cotton gloves so if you are grabbing a bunch of these leaves you may want to look into wearing larger rubber gloves over them.

Also, they make these barrier creams http://www.walgreens.com/q/barrier-creams that can help keep the oils from getting into contact with your skin.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

There's a good after-contact scrub you can get too (I think it's called Tec-nu). Not sure of the spelling but supposed to be one of the few things that can remove the oil from your skin and stop the rash from spreading after contact.

Comment

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help

Comment

Let us know how the job goes and take some before and after pics to show us if you get a chance.
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X