Getting sick, who will do the job?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting sick, who will do the job?

I have 3 full days of maintenance landscaping work per week (+extra jobs) running the operations by myself. I hire workers for any extra work. Recently I got stomach flu and I was physically not able to function (fever/toilet etc.) I was behind 2 days on my scheduled work TUE/WED/THUR.

I realized that yea sometimes accidents/sickness happens and my business is me being able to physically do it. Iím wondering how do you guys deal with being sick or not able to work if you are still starting out and not have a crew to do the job?

Should I hire someone now for 2 times a week that will work with me and loose some of my profits to at least have someone back up if I get sick?
    Let me know what you think or if you went through with something like that, it would be appreciated. Thank you.

If I were you, I would hire someone I trust, and someone with experience that will do a good quality job. Professionalism and quality are two very important factors in this business that will help you make a good first impression, and will hopefully lead to more business. It will cut into your profits a little bit, but going with an extra man or two to help you out and to use as back up is probably your best option right now.

Comment

Hire a helper who could step in on days you cannot work. Train him well. Pay him well, then get him a helper, and you just go get the jobs and make the profit.

Comment

Can you develop a network of other business owners in the area you could call upon in case you needed help or they needed help?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Can you develop a network of other business owners in the area you could call upon in case you needed help or they needed help?
          That is an idea, ill see what I can come up with and maybe try craigs list or etc. to create a network. Thanks.

Comment

You'd figure that others would be willing to work together as a sort of insurance policy.

Keep us posted on what kind of feedback you find.
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X