Property Damage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Property Damage

The other day I had a small mulch project (about 4 yards) at a customerís house. I had my 4 yards of mulch delivered through a local guy who I have used in the past, He came and dumped the mulch however he scraped the rim of the basketball hoop in the customerís driveway slightly bending the hoop.

The customer came home soon after the dump truck driver left only looking at the minimal damage to the hoop. The customer told me that he wanted the hoop replaced so I called my mulch guy and explained that the customer wanted the hoop fixed. He called the customer and explained that he had the same hoop at his house and he would come by and replace the bent one. However the customer later called me and said he wanted a new hoop not a used one (even though his hoop was used). Am I responsible for this or should I tell this customer to take it up with the dump truck driver?

Dump the customer after this is done if there going to be like this. I could see if they want to see the used one first to see if it is in good shape but to say it most be new.

Comment

Thinking as a client:

I hired YOU, not the delivery guy. You are ultimately responsible.

Replace my damaged property please. How you settle up with the other guy is of no concern to me.

Comment

How does delivery guy have customers phone number? He should have to deal with you, not customer.

If its just the rim that is bent, the buy a new one & split the cost with delivery guy. Delivery guy is responsible but that does not matter at this point. You have to make it right with customer.
        Last edited by shadrach; 06-19-2012, 07:39 PM. Reason: .
        Evansville Lawn Mowing
        Newburgh Lawn Care

Comment

replace the hoop ,they throw the old one through the delivery guy's picture window .

Comment

dump the driver and the customer... this is really petty

Comment

How is expecting damaged property to be replaced "petty"?

Comment

lol... a basketball hoop... really?

Ok, here's what you do.

Bill your client with the added $1 to replace the hoop, and tell the client to move the damn thing next time or else you aint gonna do sheit.

You should actually stop working, and look around the property and ask the client to remove anything that could be damaged, even if there is a 1% chance... :P

Ask the client to remove solar lights from the gardens, cars from the driveway, etc. Hahahaha!

-

I can assume that this client is a female soccer mom with nothing better to do, am I right? Either that or someone with a little Jew in them.

-

record your calls for this client, can never be too safe!
                Last edited by CHEESE2009; 06-20-2012, 06:18 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=shadrach;109915]How does delivery guy have customers phone number? He should have to deal with you, not customer.

I originally called the delivery guy and told him the situation and the delivery guy said he would call the customer and work it out.

Comment

I don't understand how the customer is the bad guy in this scenario at all. He had something damaged on his property. His request is not unreasonable nor petty.

The contractor pays for the new hoop, installs it with apologies. Then the contractor either eats the cost, or goes after the sub contractor for half or full reimbursement. The homeowner's role in this scenario is already a bigger part than it should be.

Comment

How is expecting damaged property to be replaced "petty"?
                      Its a 2-3 dollar part.... the driver should of just changed it before anyone even noticed it was broken if anything but for the customer to throw a **** fit over it is even more.. I have a feeling that someone taking something this minor so serious, will find many many more complaints in the future

Comment

I would just replace the hoop and move on.

A few months ago I was out doing a yard and got done, pulled up to my next yard and was about to get started. My phone rang and it was from the last yard I had just done. She said her bird was going crazy on the back porch and wasnt sure why. Well about 45minutes later she saw a crack/hole in one of the windows on the porch.

I finished my yard up that I was on and drove straight back over to the house, took pictures of everything. I made a few phones calls and had a guy over to give an estimate the next day and the day after his window was replaced. In the end still a very happy customer to this day. Only request I had was that the one window a rock must have hit from weed eating, was not covered with a screen. I requested he put a screen on it to prevent it from happening again. He agreed.
                        sigpic
                        http://www.amsoil.com/index.aspx?zo=5135190

Comment

I had a client complain because I mowed over a flower she planted dead center of her lawn.

She stopped me, then I told her it looked stupid, and for her to keep her plants in the garden to avoid situations like this.

Comment

Thinking as a client:

I hired YOU, not the delivery guy. You are ultimately responsible.

Replace my damaged property please. How you settle up with the other guy is of no concern to me.
                            very true, thats life

Comment

Keep us posted on how this turns out.
                              - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                              Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Working...
                              X