emergency room

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• emergency room

so i was trimming bushes today, took my left hand off the handle for a second, all of a sudden my left middle finger was bleading ridiculously. Customer came out, handed me a paper towel, and within about 5 seconds, the pt was saturated with blood. i called my wife and told that i would need to go to the ER. My foreman drove me home, then wifey drove me there. after an hour and a half of applying direct pressure, it was still bleeding. they put a compression gauze on it to create a artificial blood clot! Four hours later, i was back to work, with oxicoton in hand! for you new guys, and a reminder to u veterans, it only takes a second to make a mistake... make sure to pay attention. I will follow up with pics.

Sorry to hear about your accident. Heal quick, after all you've only got one middle finger!

Comment

Quote[/b] (All Aspects Landscaping @ May 23 2008,9:22)]it only takes a second to make a mistake... make sure to pay attention.
      That is SO true!... *like to say "ACCIDENT", not mistake
      I was sharpening my machete and them my buddy called my to ask me something, I turn my head to at him and *slash* (I dont know how) my thumb was bleeding like crazy!... it was a small cut, but I was doing all the dirty work of clean up and I was afraid to get an infection or something, this was like a month ago... and like you, I just rinse it with water and BACK TO WORK!... I can cry later, hehe.

Hope you get well soon James.
      .Fernando/CleanCut!.
      36\" Scag Kohler 15Hp Walk-Behind
      Toro Trimmer
      Echo PE-200 Edger
      Stihl BG 55 Blower

Comment

Dang, James!

Take care of your middle fingers and you might be President one day...
        Start a profitable lawn care business.

Comment

thats a fact, jack!

Yeah, it sucks.... just wanted to remind all the forum members about how fast it can happen!!!

Thanks for the nice words

Comment

Man, that's sucks Jamie.
            Sorry to hear it.

You know, we all have times we wanna give a client the finger, but your not supposed to try to cut it off & give it to them.

Hope you heal quick!

Comment

Did your finger get cut in the blades? What happened to your finger? Did it cut you or remove the tip of it?

Did the hospital stitch everything closed?

I am very sorry about you getting hurt!

What would you advise others to do to prevent this? Would gloves have prevented it?
              - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
              Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X