Fire!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire!!!

You ever have those peaceful moments, just riding the tractor without a care in the world... All of a sudden you smell something burning, you say, "That's normal, debris is cooking on the muffler".

1 seconds later, "Where is that smoke coming from, and I can't believe how fast it warmed up this morning!"...

2 seconds later, "Why is my sweater on fire?!".

3 seconds later, "Why is my tractor on fire?!".

4 seconds later, "****..."

_____

First thing I did was try to stop the fire from reaching the gas tank using my shoes, with no luck I had to ring my customers doorbell twice, and bolt to the truck to get my coffee.

I came back to the tractor, sipped my coffee, splashed the tractor with it - not so much luck.

The entire time, I was eager to get home so I could take a piss - this was a golden (no pun intended) opportunity for me!

... I pissed the fire out.

_____

My client never answered the door, and I have reason to believe he's a sadistic a-hole who wants me dead.

I saw one of my clients nice neighbors;

Me: Sorry to bother you, my tractor was just on fire - I put it out so everything is ok! Can you do me a favor and just watch me as I start it back up, I'll let you know if everything will be ok. Otherwise... yeah... "

Lady: Oh.... Of course!

_______

Happy Halloween!

OH! The tractor works fine, the choke wire is a bit melted but she'll run! LOL

Note to self:

Buy fire extinguisher for truck.

Comment

I hope your equipment is ok... did you figure out what caused the fire?
      I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts

Comment

Holy Crap Scott! What a way to kick off Halloween!

- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I hope your equipment is ok... did you figure out what caused the fire?

I had the bagger attachment on the tractor, but I disconnected the chute (2 parts) so that the debris would just fly behind me, without it filling up the bags... I wasn't in the mood to take the entire system apart and put it back together - I thought I was pretty smart

In short, the leaf clipping were in fact shooting behind me, but they would all fall onto the muffler in a nice big stack. The leaves clogged the engine, so that I suppose made matters worse.

I got lucky, I was worried that the tractor would blow up on me because the fire was pretty wild and I had no idea if it was eating into the gas tank. Luckily, it wasn't!

This could happen with any tractor, really fast too! I only did 1 stripe with the damn thing and that's all it took!

Comment

I had the bagger attachment on the tractor, but I disconnected the chute (2 parts) so that the debris would just fly behind me, without it filling up the bags... I wasn't in the mood to take the entire system apart and put it back together - I thought I was pretty smart

In short, the leaf clipping were in fact shooting behind me, but they would all fall onto the muffler in a nice big stack. The leaves clogged the engine, so that I suppose made matters worse.

I got lucky, I was worried that the tractor would blow up on me because the fire was pretty wild and I had no idea if it was eating into the gas tank. Luckily, it wasn't!

This could happen with any tractor, really fast too! I only did 1 stripe with the damn thing and that's all it took!
            Most of the time I see fires they are caused by the low hanging mufflers on consumer equipment that was driven into a pile of leaves. But this year I have seen a few fuel pumps that leaked that could cause a fire if not noticed.
            I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts

Comment

Scott do you have any pictures of the damage or to show us how it happened, so it can be avoided in the future?
              - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
              Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X