Pool maintenance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pool maintenance

Although I know nothing about cleaning a pool and what chemicals do what.. What do you guys think about adding pool service? I could offer it as a discount bundle for those that choose to use my lawn and pool service..The start up cost would be affordable..

In Memory of My Dad..1943-2008..Gary "Snuffy" Smith

Pool Service

I run a landscape business and have gotten my CPO and incorporated pools into my services. My schedule now consits 75% percent lawn and 25% pools. Not bad.
    john noack

Comment

I run a landscape business and have gotten my CPO and incorporated pools into my services. My schedule now consits 75% percent lawn and 25% pools. Not bad.
      What is a CPO?

Comment

Cpo

A CPO is a Certified Pool Operators license. You can probally get away with out having one, but big fines if your caught.
        john noack

Comment

How long is the class and what was the total cost?

Ill get one after I get some experience under my belt..I know a couple guy that do it.. Im going to ask if I can ride with them a couple days..

Comment

cpo cost

The cost for me here in FL was $225. and it was 2 classes. As long as you pass the exam.
            john noack

Comment

The cost for me here in FL was $225. and it was 2 classes. As long as you pass the exam.
              Sounds good...I would ask how hard the test was, but we are not equal.. It may be easier or harder for me or someone else..

Comment

When you went in to take the test, did you have a good working knowledge of pool care or no? What stood out from that training?
                - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

When you went in to take the test, did you have a good working knowledge of pool care or no? What stood out from that training?
                  I understood the basics of cleaning a pool. There was alot I learned though. They show how to mathamatically determin how much of what to put in a pool. They explain the realationship of alkalinity tp ph and what to do if high or low. They go over mechanicals of a pool system. What valves to open or close to properly maintain a function of a pool. There is a lot of things, but it is pretty simple when you already know to add acid to lower ph, and when to shock a pool, and the saftey precautions that high levels of a chemical could cause. It is not rocket science, but there is a science behind it.
                  john noack

Comment

Working...
                  X