No announcement yet.

Bag the clippings or not?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest started a poll Bag the clippings or not?

Bag the clippings or not?

Always bag clippings
    0%
    Never bag clippings
    0%
    Charge extra to bag clippings
    0%
    View more answers
    View less answers
    Hey just curious how many people bag their clippings.

Thanks, Connor.

Guest replied
    Quote[/b] (StealthDumpTrucks @ May 30 2008,1:56)]....where do you dispose the clippings?
    Every municipality in Metro Vancouver has a green waste disposal facility...most charge $, but way cheaper than the regular rates for garbage...usually around $40/metric ton i think?

Leave a comment:

• Little's
    replied
    Quote[/b] (StealthDumpTrucks @ May 30 2008,8:56)]....where do you dispose the clippings?
    All my customers have Green Waste cans that get picked up weekly by the garbage company.

Leave a comment:

• comanche
    replied
    hey guys,

I always bag all my customers grass. The weeds are very agressive up here and bagging somewhat helps control the spread of weeds. Also from previous experience mulching can be a pain if the grass in long. Leaves clumps. When you are going over an area that has leaves mulching makes a mess. The lawn need to be looking good. You leave the stripes. I have gotten more customers from my lawns looking good then any other reason.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    ....where do you dispose the clippings?

Leave a comment:

• Little's
    replied
    I always bag my clippings. Nothing looks worse on a nice lawn than clumps of grass and brown patches from the previous weeks left overs.
    Just my opinion, but it looks much better when the clippings are collected. Also , in the summer the heat combined with the heat from the decomposing grass can cause burn on the lawn.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    ..we wouldn't bag, but if clumps of grass were obvious we'd just run over them one more time or use the blower. Always used mulcher blades and decks.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I don't actually charge extra, but I don't bag unless I need to. If your mower can mulch, then thatch isn't and issue, and leaving the clippings on the grass returns the nutrients back to the soil.

Leave a comment:

• EatingEmoKids
    replied
    I do on my job but thats only because they have me use their mower and have a bagger with it that they asked me to use.

It's some times a hassle tho having to stop while mowing atleast twice to empty the bag.. usually it's more then twice.

Leave a comment:

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X