No announcement yet.

broken window

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im with rich here... in fact, my guys broke a car window last week... my foreman called our office, my wife call the mobile auto glass place, then called the customer... within 5 hours, problem solved... paid glass company by credit card, now we have a customer for life...

Glass was $148.00

And it was the first time cut (ever) on this customer... talk about being in the hole before you start huh?? lol

But stuff happens, and, you broke the window, pony up and replace it. People will think you are more of a standup guy if you just pay to replace it rather than fool around and ask to barter certain things off. People aren't stupid...

Comment

I agree with most here, borrow the cash if you have to. Just replace it. The home owner may not like working a "deal".

I am new & just starting(very little money) out myself, but I would like to ask.
      So if the engine on you mower or trimmer blows, what would you do?
      http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum....son.gif

Comment

This looks like a good spot to start a discussion on preventing flying projectile damage or injury. Part of basic lawnmower operation training is keeping your guards and deflectors operational. Many times I see commercial mower operators running with the deflector in the up position hooked by a bungie cord. Everybody knows the deck usually won't go on or off the trailer or truck with the deflector down. Those few minutes and extra effort required to lift or drop are nothing compared to the hours and money spent fixing damage. Make it a rule, no blades spinning without the chute down.

If you see your competition with deflectors removed or up while mowing, guess who's the real professional.

Same goes for weedeaters. Yes those things get in the way, learn how to position them and the handles for your comfort while retaining protection. Never edge with a weedeater where the spinning string can throw objects toward structures, vehicles or people. Sidewalks pointing straight at glass means you should be facing away with your body between the string and fragiles. People hanging around need to be told to move. Employees should wear safety glasses at all times. If you're facing a busy street, park a trash can in the line of fire, or your own truck/equipment.

Comment

Quote[/b] ]Same goes for weedeaters. Yes those things get in the way, learn how to position them and the handles for your comfort while retaining protection. Never edge with a weedeater where the spinning string can throw objects toward structures, vehicles or people. Sidewalks pointing straight at glass means you should be facing away with your body between the string and fragiles. People hanging around need to be told to move. Employees should wear safety glasses at all times. If you're facing a busy street, park a trash can in the line of fire, or your own truck/equipment.
          Valuable ideas.
          Start a profitable lawn care business.

Comment

Working...
          X