The New Office Reno'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Office Reno'

Hello everyone...I am documenting my office from start to finish and I thought I would share with you all. Perhaps it will inspire you to spruce up your own, you may learn something...but I'll be the one learning probably.

Please post your comments and ideas. Everyday or so I'll post some new pictures with a description of what I am doing. I am taking some video as well that I will post.

Cheers,

My materials finally arrived on Friday! Just barely fit through the garage door.

Took down all of the ugly paneling and styrofoam behind it (3 dump runs so far). The marks on the wall is from the old adhesive used to glue the foam insulation. I scrapped the larger pieces from the block and I do not anticipate a problem gluing the new polystyrene (using PL 300).

Well the insulation is going up rather nice. Had to tack in some nails to hold it in place. I used tuck tape to join all of the seams. With this Extruded Polystyrene Insulation you do not need to use vapor barrier...but you need to make sure that all of the cracks, nooks and crannies are taped and spray foamed to prevent moisture from coming through.

Comment

Oh very nice Richard! Are you converting a garage area into an office?

Did you create any drawings of the way you want it to turn out?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

In my basement actually. 26' x 13' is the room size...lucked out with 7'8" ceilings down there. My garage is my shop...well going to be. I just finished insulating will have pics up in the morn.

Comment

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nziPShwvp9E&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nziPShwvp9E&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0EPJmOeJFC0&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0EPJmOeJFC0&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

I like the videos&#33; Aren&#39;t they fun to make&#33;

What do you have to do with your heating?
              - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

I have to move a vent from the wall to the other side of the room...don&#39;t know why they did that? Right now there are 2 registers on the left side of the room...one from the ceiling and one coming right out of the wall near the top. Moving the one from the wall to the right side ceiling.

Comment

Will that be difficult? Also how are you planning on sealing the garage door or what will you do with that?

Comment

I do plan on insulating the garage door in my shop. I&#39;ll be using 2" foam to do so. However this summer I will be replacing it completely.

Comment

Will you be sealing the garage door shut or how will that work?

Comment

Just to clarify...my garage is my shop and my office is in my basement. The door will still function as a garage door...will be storing my trailer in it.

Comment

Oh sorry&#33; I got confused there a bit

Comment

All done insulating. Once I got going and got a system down it was smooth sailing.

Remember to use expansion foam to seal all gaps. We want this to be air tight.

Comment

well now that the insulation is all done next is clean up and start framing. I&#39;ll have to put in my bottom and top plates. I am using pressure treated 2 x 4 for the bottom plates to prevent rot and moisture wicking up.

Comment

Working...
                              X